Moving To Ba In September

Robert Cruz

Registered
I am currently living in Europe, but planning on moving to B.A. in late September. It is a permanent move, so I am looking for a nice, furnished apartment in a good area of BA (probably Recoleta, Palermo, Belgrano, Puerto Madero, San Telmo) - I will take any suggestions!

I plan on applying for a resident/pension visa. From what I have read, it is possible to navigate through this on your own, but having help from a legal person can facilitate the process, so any suggestions on a legal firm that is good. I am 70 years old and speak some Spanish, but certainly not fluent. Any help, suggestions, contacts, friendships, would be lovely. ([email protected])

Robert:
A hearty welcome from a member of the BAEXPATS Snowbird group..I'm 74 and a little tied up at the moment.However,I'll be back in touch.
Bienvenido a la Nueva Argentina!

Robert, what a wonderful decision. I am sure you will love it here and coming in September I am sure is a great time to arrive with the approach of warmer weather (it is very London at present, rather chilly and we have had a lot of rain). I am English, arrived in March and am staying, God willing, for a year - just for fun! I opted to live in Recoleta because it is so central and safe - I also love San Telmo, Palermo and Belgrano. All have a lot to recommend them. I love to walk everywhere and I can do this from here pretty much everywhere I want to go. But it really depends on what you want from an area. There is a good page on P83 of the Lonely Planet which lists lots of websites for flats. I used Airbnb, this site, Craig's List and these

FLAT HUNTING IN RECOLETA
Luz Ocampo – 11 4813 4490
[email protected] Showed huge one bed flat - absolutely amazing but too big for me

[email protected], cell 54 11 2327 3835 Greg’s flat in Juncal ,,, this is a beautiful flat, superbly fitted out and super central. Greg is
on this site and I am not sure if he has a long term let currently.

Daniel Carpi
www.RentBA.com
+54911-5062-3115
+5411-4832-3898
+1-212-924-7077

[email protected] on Paraguay

http://www.4rentargentina.com/

You might look at Concorde at 1234 Callao - weekly appts which might be good for a week somewhere central.

Anything else, don't hesitate to ask ...

I plan on applying for a resident/pension visa. From what I have read, it is possible to navigate through this on your own, but having help from a legal person can facilitate the process, so any suggestions on a legal firm that is good. I am 70 years old and speak some Spanish, but certainly not fluent. Any help, suggestions, contacts, friendships, would be lovely. ([email protected])

Hi Robert, You can read a lot about "temporarry residency" (aka the "visa pensionado" which will be granted based on your retirement income) by using the advance search feature of this website.

You won't need a lawyer or a legal person (who will charge you at least a thousand dollars if they guide you through each step along the way).!

The most intimidating aspect of the process of getting the visa is going to migraciones.

There is a member of this group who has accompanied a number of us (most over 65) when we submitted our docs the first time (as well as renewals) at migraciones. She does not go as a legal representative of any kind, just a friendly translator. She will go more than once if necessary, but the cost will be agreed upon in advance.

It's really, really, low.

She is actually from a neighboring country but has lived in Argentina for about 20 years. She is very nice, speaks great English, and "knows the ropes" at migraciones.

I will send her email address to you

Meanwhile, you can ask any questions here.

Bienvenidos!
emo32.gif

One word of advice from the wise to the wise.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket!
And trust me, I know of what I speak. Make sure there's always a plan B! That being said, there are many pros here but also many cons.
Welcome

Back