Moving To Ba Soon - And More Currency Questions From A Noob

Any chance of the OP arranging a deal with the US company for it to split his salary by paying a portion it to his Arg account via its BA office and the balance to his US account?

Is the OP being taken by his US employer -eg. it already has a surfeit of pesos in Arg and so it can reduce some of that by paying his salary in pesos because along came this US employee who expresses a desire to move to Arg?

Any chance of the OP arranging a deal with the US company for it to split his salary by paying a portion it to his Arg account via its BA office and the balance to his US account?

That is once approach we are looking into and will probably happen in some form - just trying to define what that balance will be.

Is the OP being taken by his US employer -eg. it already has a surfeit of pesos in Arg and so it can reduce some of that by paying his salary in pesos because along came this US employee who expresses a desire to move to Arg?

I've been working with our Argentina office for a few years now, and they came to me because of that background. There are also some strategic designs behind the assignment; long story short, they need me there more than I want to go there, so I should be able to have them meet my requirements as long as it is within the legal requirements.

I would check out HSBC. I was pleased that when I spent time in Panama I used their ATM machines just like I did back home and there were no fees. Perhaps they might be able to help you figure out the best option for your situation. Good luck!

Back