Moving To Ba Soon From Lebanon

Hello Fred
Thank you for your concern.
Why BA? For me it was a dream to travel and see other countries around the world but after search and collecting some data i was very excited to visit the Argentine as i noticed the huge reputation of its people and its business comparing to other countries. And i knew from my friends that chance to get a work in BA the capital could be more than other places even BA is more secure and according to my knowledge people speak both languages english and spanish . So it will not be hard to get a job there using my english skills. I am searching to learn the basics of spanich language when i get there. Did you have any other recmmendations and if any of my information that i mentionned before is wrong could you advice me with better location to begin my life there. (job live)
Best regards
ZD

ZouhairDaou

Whats yours progress with your visa application - if you would like to share with us?

And also I am intrigued if you have traveled out of Europe/Asia ever before?

Hello Sockhopper
Same it happens to me every time i asked for information some of my friends do not recommended travelling to Argentine . This stuation refleted negaivey on my old thinking about visiting BA pushing me to search more about this place in odrer to get more information about job, and kind of life there in advance to discare this doubts. could you help me to know more about Argentine as you are a good traveller like you said in your quote and how i can find job there and what is the best place to live and work.
Thank you
ZD

Why BA? For me it was a dream to travel and see other countries around the world but after search and collecting some data i was very excited to visit the Argentine as i noticed the huge reputation of its people and its business comparing to other countries. And i knew from my friends that chance to get a work in BA the capital could be more than other places even BA is more secure and according to my knowledge people speak both languages english and spanish . So it will not be hard to get a job there using my english skills. I am searching to learn the basics of spanich language when i get there.

Perhaps you are writing on a cell phone and it is difficult to type, but if this post is an indication of your English skills, you will have a great deal of difficulty finding work based upon them.

Capitalization may not be that important here in the fourm, but sentences like those in the above quote reveal there is still much to be learned before applying for a job in Argentina using English. Fluency in Spanish would also be required for most jobs and that takes a lot of time (180 days isn´t enough).

The only business related job I know of that you might find using English (with little or no knowledge of Spanish) would be at a call center, and your ability to speak English would undoubltedly have to be much better than your present ability to write it.
emo32.gif

A suggestion, contact the Lebanese Consulate in B.A. for ideas on potential employment for Arab/English speakers in Argentina. Maybe as a Translator ?

For tips on Activities and employment in B.A. read the Sirio-Libanes B.A. Newspage.
http://www.diariosiriolibanes.com.ar/

For information about all the Lebanese organizations in Argentina ,i.e. Clubs, Schools, Hospitals, Chamber of Commerce, etc see the link below.

http://www.buenosair...iria-y-libanesa

As much as it is great to have folks from all places, in Argentina I work with people coming to the country and I can tell you that it is not that feasible any longer to just "stay" and look for work here. Immigrations here is getting a bit more "organized" than in the past. Having said so, I would definitely reach out to someone in the Lebanese community. I am sure they will be able to be of some help to you.

WIsh you for sure best of luck!

I can tell you that it is not that feasible any longer to just "stay" and look for work here. Immigrations here is getting a bit more "organized" than in the past.

Last week Bajo_cero2 posted that some Chinese immigrants who were working illegally recently recieved notices of fines (in greater numbers than ever before). Do you know of any "organized" effort by migraciones to take action against the foreigners in Argentina who have overstayed their 90 day visas?

Perspiring minds would like to know.
emo32.gif

Personally, I don't know of any organized efforts to go after foreigners who are over-staying their visas, but I do know that the government is cracking down on working in black, at least at some places in the city.

Everyone I know of in my wife's family or acquaintances who come from Paraguay to work here have gotten their DNIs when they come here. However, when they first come, it takes a while to get that first appointment with migraciones and they want to work until they get that appointment and the ensuing precaria. Usually the work was found through an agency run by a Chinese group and was low-paying, in-the-black work, but also through the network of Paraguayans who knew people who hired people in the black.

My wife had a cousin who came from Paraguay about a month ago and has his appointment at migraciones on the 10th of June, the soonest he could get it (my wife got the appointment for him). He has been looking for work in the meantime, but none of the usual sources can employ him. The Chinese agency is practically out of business (or so they claim, but they may be only working with Chinese now due to the climate) and the Paraguayan network is coming up 100% blank. Both sources say the reason is that gorvernment inspectors are performing "raids" on a constant basis, searching for undocumented workers and applying serious fines to the owners of the businesses when they do find them.

This may not be a crack-down on "permatourists" (i.e., visa overstay) but is certainly a crack-down on illegal workers.

ZouhairDaou,

Yes, I'm a good traveller and have settled in a few countries. Those are 2 very different things in terms of commitment, their respective costs and learning curves. In your posts, you mix speaking of 'travel' and 'moving there' as though relocating were just a more potent variant of travel. It's not.

I think it would help you to follow up on the advice that expats here have been giving you so that you can answer their wise questions and start to build a plan. For example, have you begun applying for an Arg visa? Also, if things didn't work out in BA, will you still have the support, money, housing and connections with people which you now have in Lebanon to return to?

As you now know, speaking English isn't a leg up in BA since middle-class portenos speak it very well.

I think it's unwise to move to a country before you've even seen it. (I did that once on account of lack of money. It took me 20 years to correct my misjudgment.) I suggest that you learn a little Spanish where you are now (easy with a basic level audio course). Doing this would respect your idea of possibly moving to BA. I recommend you then spending 2-3 months in Arg as a serious visitor who's there sussing out what living there might involve and to firm up a long-term plan.

Best wishes!

If you seriously want to come here, seek the help of a competent immigration lawyer in Buenos Aires. You can get some advice over the phone. You need up-to-date facts from an expert. Your local Argentine consulate will not be willing to tell you the ins and outs of the immigration process which you are unlikely to do without professional help.

Back