Moving To Ba Soon From Lebanon

things have changed a lot and yes, immigrations is getting more organized and they are working now to enforce some procedures. The work is to the extent that now there is a quota for foreigners to attend the public universities. A word of advice, be up to date with the changes because more are under way.

ZouhairDaou,

Yes, I'm a good traveller and have settled in a few countries. Those are 2 very different things in terms of commitment, their respective costs and learning curves. In your posts, you mix speaking of 'travel' and 'moving there' as though relocating were just a more potent variant of travel. It's not.

I think it would help you to follow up on the advice that expats here have been giving you so that you can answer their wise questions and start to build a plan. For example, have you begun applying for an Arg visa? Also, if things didn't work out in BA, will you still have the support, money, housing and connections with people which you now have in Lebanon to return to?

As you now know, speaking English isn't a leg up in BA since middle-class portenos speak it very well.

I think it's unwise to move to a country before you've even seen it. (I did that once on account of lack of money. It took me 20 years to correct my misjudgment.) I suggest that you learn a little Spanish where you are now (easy with a basic level audio course). Doing this would respect your idea of possibly moving to BA. I recommend you then spending 2-3 months in Arg as a serious visitor who's there sussing out what living there might involve and to firm up a long-term plan.

Best wishes!

I'm quoting this answer here because I think it's extremely well said...I hope the OP and anyone considering moving to Argentina will be sure to read it first!

Back