Movistar SIM

duanestorey

Registered
Can anyone recommend a place to purchase a movistar sim close to Palermo. Thanks.

Lee said:
I bought on yesterday from a place in Palermo for 10 pesos. Just walked in and asked for it and they have 100's of them. I forget the address but it is at a small place on Santa Fe.

I will get the address and post it later tonight.

Thanks. My backup phone's SIM has gone kaput, so I need to pick up a new one.

Do you know if they have micro SIMs for the iPhone 4, or just the regular sized ones?

Thanks.

So I went down to the big Movistar store and managed to get a SIM card for my phone. I've put it into my cell and it seems to recognize the Movistar network.

Unfortunately i can't seem to buy any credit for it. I walked up to one of those kiosks with my phone number and they couldn't seem to make it work. I even showed them the paperwork Movistar gave me with my phone number.

I then went home and tried to add credit to it via the website and a credit card, but it failed as well.

Does anyone know if there's a step I'm missing? Does the card need to be in the phone for a while before 'activating'?

Thanks.

The sim is supposed to be activated almost immediately, but mine didn't work either. Go back to the Movistar place and they'll sort it out for you.

duanestorey said:
Unfortunately i can't seem to buy any credit for it. I walked up to one of those kiosks with my phone number and they couldn't seem to make it work.

Can you receive calls? Can you call *611 or *444?

It is possible you can not buy credit because you card is not issued by an Argentine bank. Try to buy in a Locutorio one of those pre-paid scratch off cards for cash and use it to fund your account.

Also you may want to register at

https://online.movistar.com.ar/login.html

to see your current status/balance etc.

Thanks, I registered with that site, and the registration was successful. But now when logging in I get this:

El movistar ingresado no se encuentra habilitado. Por favor verifique el número. Muchas gracias.

So seems like maybe I need to make a trip to the store. Funny thing is my phone is on the movistar network, and I received the SMS from them with my password during the registration process.

Back