Movistar top up issues

cinereus

Registered
Have a newly activated Movistar sim and topped up the number on the green pack with $200. When I went to buy a pack it told me I had insufficient credit.

So I went to another kiosco and topped up $200 again. Still no text through confirming the top up though the receipt has the right number. Still xsnd buy any packs.

Has anyone had this issue and if so, how did you resolve it?

Send an SMS to 444 to find out your real credit at Movistar. You should have a total of $400 pesos. ?

Yes I only have $5 credit.

Same balance if I check via USSD or SMS to 444.

I still have one of the top up receipts but no credit even though it's almost 12 hours later.

Your current Saldo is $5 pesos.?
You loaded sunday night? Must wait. Two different recargas didn't go through , that's awkward? If within 24 hours no credit, suggest you go to movistar with your Only receipt..!

Sometimes on busy weekends the credit takes time to show up? why when it's all digital? Ask Movistar.

Does anyone know the USSD code or SMS number to get your phone number? At the moment I'm concerned that I've been topping up the incorrect number even though I used the number on the packaging both times.

The fact you can't download the My Movistar app isn't very helpful. How does anyone get it to work or is there some way to get an apk?

No movistar where I am for the next few weeks unfortunately.

What i found said to send a message to 321, content irrelevant, and it should reply with your phone #.

Good luck

Iz

Does anyone know the USSD code or SMS number to get your phone number? At the moment I'm concerned that I've been topping up the incorrect number even though I used the number on the packaging both times.

The fact you can't download the My Movistar app isn't very helpful. How does anyone get it to work or is there some way to get an apk?

No movistar where I am for the next few weeks unfortunately.
Android or apple?

If you charged the wrong number you can call Movistar and have it fixed. You can also call the wrong number and explain the situation.

Been there, done that. Successfully.

BTW, just tried the 321 solution and it works

Iz

Have a newly activated Movistar sim and topped up the number on the green pack with $200. When I went to buy a pack it told me I had insufficient credit.

So I went to another kiosco and topped up $200 again. Still no text through confirming the top up though the receipt has the right number. Still xsnd buy any packs.

Has anyone had this issue and if so, how did you resolve it?
The same happened to me whe I first activated my SIM. I had to call movistar. They lady said sometimes it gets "stuck" in the system when you first activate the card. She did something and it went through 10 seconds later. I actually had an Argentine friend call and she said we were not going to hang up until they made the top up go through.

Back