M'sian expat here...

I once helped a guy from Singapur.
If you need some help, info, etc; pls send me PM

Henry

I can see the confusion.........I was actually thinking it meant mixed asian.

I'm staying in Parlemo and will be here for next 21 months since I'll be here for working assignment of 2 years. I had tried some Thai food but havn't found one that is really authentic. Tried some oriental food in Barrio Chino as well but could be better.

Selamat datang maxting83!

Nik, what do you use for som tam? I can go without all the extras in an Isaan som tam (Like makok) but I can't find a replacement for papaya. Kap Khun mah kap!

Maxting if you find a decent nasi goreng let me know, the meat and vegetables here are great, but finding richly spiced food isn't easy. I really miss SEA food and my wife misses the Asian Food Network TV station.

Hi Max, how wonderful to come across another Malaysian here! I hope you settle in well, i've been here on and off , not as fortunate as yourself to be sent here on work assignment :) send me a pm and we can have a chat about life in buenos aires!

eelee

So, add another Malaysian to the forum. Selamat Datang.

I'm from Kuala Lumpur, though I've been living here since 2006 - with a 2 year hiatus from 2010 to October 2012 when i was back in Malaysia. Now I'm back in BsAs for good.

I'm currently trying to bring down a friend of mine who's a Malaysian chef (with experiences in New York and Stockholm) to set up an authentic Malaysian restaurant in BsAs. But, that's still in the works. Will inform further once I have something more concrete.

Welcome here!!.I know for personal experience what distressing moving to a foreign country is.
If you need some help (advise, etc) do not hesitate to call me on week days.
Henry 4687-1604

Back