Multi-year Spanish School; Citizenship

Macri's government decided to close this loophole and clearly defined the time spent under a precaria is not counting toward anything -- neither permanent residence nor citizenship.
...nor, presumably, towards tax residency.

...nor, presumably, towards tax residency.
Not sure. In most countries -- including the US -- immigration status is separate from taxation residency. I would presume it's the same in Argentina.

Here the two have a linkage. Certain foreigners become liable for certain taxes 12 months after being granted temporary residency by Migraciones. That much is reasonably clear. What is unclear is whether AFIP would construe someone who has held a precaria for 12 months as having held a temporary residency for 12 months and thus becoming taxable at that point. It would of course have to be tested, and may never have been. Your interpretation of the migration law as it existed under Macri would seem to give some advantage to the foreigner on a long-term precaria who did want to be taxable in the years the law was in place (but less advantage now that the law has changed).

Not sure. In most countries -- including the US -- immigration status is separate from taxation residency. I would presume it's the same in Argentina.
Is not, here they tax you because of the immigration status, this is why it is unconstitutional. Arts. 20 and 25 of the AR Constitution forbids it.
This is called tax easement.

I am curious to know how many foreigners, more or less, apply for Argentine citizenship every year.

I think they grant about 8-9k a year so about 15.000 or so apply I presume.
In my opinion is 10%, maximum 15%. People does not know that they can apply straight. And as soon as the PR recognizes almost the same rights, there is apparently no need.

Back