My cheap German beer from Dia has disappeared!!!

UK Man

Registered
Yes it might not attract great reviews however compared to the run of the mill Argy stuff it's pretty good. I'm talking about St Wendeler beer especially their black stout. A decent tasting brew at a good price especially as it comes in a 500ml sized can.
My local Dia had been stocking most varieties of the St Wendeler range for well over a year when suddenly they all vanished. When I asked one of the staff all she could tell me 'they' haven't sent it.
I'm beginning to wonder if the Government is preventing certain imports coming into the country to force you into buying home produced products?
black.png

It costs a lot to import things because of the fake pesos/dollar conversion rate. There are many imports missing from the shelves. Even Arg made stuff.... Have you seen corn flakes or tostitos anywhere lately?

It costs a lot to import things because of the fake pesos/dollar conversion rate. There are many imports missing from the shelves. Even Arg made stuff.... Have you seen corn flakes or tostitos anywhere lately?

Lots of Kellogs Corn Flakes available in Vea and La Anonima the other day.

I doubt the explanation is that CFK doesn't want you to have your favorite beer. Products like this usually go through a distributor (who supplies every retailer in a given location) and they ultimately to decide which products to carry or drop for any number of reasons. The pandemic has also caused major disruptions to supply chains globally, and Germany is still under partial lockdown until the end of the year.

I noticed Leffe also disappeared which used to be everywhere in huge supply. Seriously Jumbo had hundreds of them, many more than some local beers. Now it's not there.

It's a Belgian beer. I figured it was because supply chain also.

Anyone seen any Beligian beers?

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

@UK Man Quilmes stout is pretty nice and dark.
Also you can find Stella Black sometimes, which tastes pretty good.

My all time favorite is St Bernardus 12 but I've never seen it in BA.

@UK Man Quilmes stout is pretty nice and dark.
Also you can find Stella Black sometimes, which tastes pretty good.

My all time favorite is St Bernardus 12 but I've never seen it in BA.

Still to try the Stella black so shall give it a try. Tried the Quilmes but found it a tad sweet compared to the St Wendeler.

I had at first assumed the virus might be to blame but you never know here.....anything is possible.

They have it at the Dia near me on Ave Caseros and Entre Rios.
I bought two of the green Lager ones just to try them, not sure if the have the Black.

They have it at the Dia near me on Ave Caseros and Entre Rios.
I bought two of the green Lager ones just to try them, not sure if the have the Black.

Yes I also saw a few cans of the green one which I suspect they found lying about in their storeroom...it's actually quite tasty as well. Dia used to have regular offers especially on the St Wendeler Blue pils. They'd have stacks of it all over the store but even that's all gone.

90% of Stella and quilmes is skunked because there's no temp control in the supply chain from manufacturer to customer. Stella particularly, we learned to leave it alone after the first few days of being here. But I don't live in the capital, I bet that 14 hour truck ride in the sun from BA to here does a number on the beers.

Back