my experience getting brazil tourist visa in buenos aires

Nandrin

Registered
this forum has been very helfpul to me so I thought i'd add my experience getting a brazil tourist visa this week (I am from USA, process for other countries may differ).

Overall it was really easy, it just took a few weeks before I could schedule an appointment.

start here:
http://www.conbrasil.org.ar/CONSBRASIL/visas_otros01engl.asp

click the button up top for "agendamento online"
top left "Areas" select 'area de visa turista'

then on the calendar on the right select a date, the yellow dates have free space
sometimes it doesnt let you select a date so you use the left or right arrows in the top left to maneuver through the weeks
green times are free
click it and enter your info
""Cantidad de tramites por persona" = amount of paperwork per person, which for me i just put "1"

2. back to the original page http://www.conbrasil.org.ar/CONSBRASIL/visas_otros01engl.asp
scroll down, click "visa application form"
fill it out, when you finish it gives you a page to print. i made it a pdf and then printed it later at an internet cafe

get your paperwork ready, mainly the the paper you printout, passport photo (w/ white background), passport, yellow fever vaccine if necessary. see the full list at the page above.

I also brought my roundtrip airfare info, hotel info, bank account info, credit cards, but they did not ask to see them.

Go there, address is Carlos Pellegrini 1363 5th floor. You go to window #5, the lady is really helpful and speaks good english

they'll give you a receipt to pay at the itau bank on santa fe nearby. It is almost 600 pesos in total. pay that same day,

save the receipt, bring it with you the next day or whenever the consulate lady told you to come back to the consulate, and it should be all ready for you.
- Show quoted text -

Thanks! Very helpful as I'll be going to Rio and meeting up with a friend for carnival!

If there were a BAexpats hall of fame, this post should be in it! Thanks so much for the information. I got my Brazilian tourist visa today, and it was very simple thanks to the original post (I'm also from the US).

The visa cost $589 pesos and the lady said it lasts for 10 years. I think that applies to both the visa and the fee (not positive though).

Does anyone know if having a currently expired Argentine tourist visa will have any impacts on getting a visa for Brazil?

Nick0518 said:
The visa cost $589 pesos and the lady said it lasts for 10 years. I think that applies to both the visa and the fee (not positive though).

I am so jealous! When I got mine a couple years ago, it was only for 90 days ;( I was staying for two months.

Thank you ! I got the tourist visa with the help of this post. However, it doesn't say how long the visa lasts :)

Back