My Experience With A Local Ba Bank Today

basically he said "I am not paying taxes and breaking the law".

Thats your theory about my tax status. I asked a simple question on the forum.

Judging a matter on half knowledge about anything is not a healthy practice.

I just told that guy what I wanted to tell him ( he was talking like a detective),so what i told him, may not be the real case

Thats your theory about my tax status. I asked a simple question on the forum.

Judging a matter on half knowledge about anything is not a healthy practice.

I just told that guy what I wanted to tell him ( he was talking like a detective),so what i told him, may not be the real case

Not that Montauk can't speak for herself, but she's not saying that you don't pay your taxes. She's saying that's more or less how it's interpreted. You have to at least show some paperwork for some funds to open an account here. I know a few people are monotributos simply for this reason. They actually don't pay taxes, but claim a certain amount to AFIP that makes it look like they do.

Try Banco de la Nación. They will most likely open an account for you (savings with debit card). Also probably the cheapest savings account in Argentina.

banco Patagonia, the chinese isbc, banco nación and galicia are the more "user friendly" banks availables here

I've been trying to open a "cuenta gratuita univeral" with just my DNI at HSBC. It's been 5 weeks and tons of headaches, and I have nothing to show for it.

I've been trying to open a "cuenta gratuita univeral" with just my DNI at HSBC. It's been 5 weeks and tons of headaches, and I have nothing to show for it.
Forget HSBC, they won't do it. Go to Banco de la Nacion Argentina.
Nancy

Try Banco de la Nación. They will most likely open an account for you (savings with debit card). Also probably the cheapest savings account in Argentina.

Last year Banco Nacion required Permanent Resident status for Savings Acct. Spoke with the Station Mgr. at Heaquarters...!

Rich one.

I trust your opinion.

do you have a bank account here?

would you recommend opening a account here at all or continue using Rapid pago? All i need a account for is to pay bills.

Their was a longggggggggg queue ( about 30 people) for having a personal meeting with someone for whatever reason. The person who was managing the queue for the bank seemed extremely hostile both in actions and the exp<b></b>ression on his face. He admonished me like a policeman does when I tried to use my cellphone to exchange whatsapp message with a hot girl I met last night.

So I left - disgusted!

Its illegal to use you cellphone in a bank in Argentina, pretty sure they had a problem with people sitting watching people do huge transactions and then phoning mates with a description of that person to rob them. Hence the law.

Guy was just doing his job.

Back