My Experience With A Local Ba Bank Today

@ghost - I didn't even see that. You're right, Montauk is wrong.

Did anyone here open a account with HSBC Argentina?

or HSBC Premier Argentina? basis their HSBC premier account abroad.

If so, any experiences?!

Last year I got fed up of not having a credit card. Despite having a salary in blanco for several years, and then being self employed several years more HSBC refused to give me one. We tried several different banks without much success, before trying Santander Rio - based on a recommendation from our cleaner. The important thing to note is that apparently policy is not applied equally everyone. If you go to Abasto shopping centre, there's a santander rio in the basement. They have much lower standards for applications than other branches apparently. My partner and I were both able to open checking accounts with debit and credit cards, even though my partner has no tax ID or proof of income - a DNI was enough to open an account.

Can't tell you if this would work for you, but I'd give it a go.

Yes, I did! But the fact that I have HSBC accounts abroad seemed less important than cultivating a warm relationship with the bank representative and having all my documentation in order.

having all my documentation in order.

for example.
The lady at customer care at HSBC Premier was very nice. But she said for hsbc premier, monotrubusta is not enough. Once needs " documento de sucural"or god knows ..it sounded like that..

Maybe she meant "documento del sucorsal--" a letter from your HSBC home bank saying you are a customer in good standing with them.

Maybe she meant "documento del sucorsal--" a letter from your HSBC home bank saying you are a customer in good standing with them.

Thanks! I just got that letter yesterday from my home bank ( HSBC) . Though i did not know it would prove useful.

I am thinking of opening in HSBC here, as I have dealt with them all my life.

I find other banks here super dodgy.

I like HSBC also, but HSBC Argentina was recently fined a lot of money for helping some clients manage undeclared wealth via Swiss Bank Accounts. I guess it depends which kind of "dodgy" you don't like.....

ceviche I opened an HSBC account in BA about 7 years ago. here's what I know. I was able to open an account with my afip number after owning property. I received an account, no checking, with a debit card only. the HSBC in argentina has no relation to the HSBC in my city i.e. transfers are not magical. the debit card works in my country and was useful to load up the account with blue dollars and then return and use it at the official exchange rate. not so much now but still an advantage. I prefer to use the money in arg for automatico.

Back