MY football team

Living in congreso my closest teams are Boca, Ferro and probably Huracan.

As a Hearts fan i can't bring myself to support one of the big two (even though they don't have the same stranglehold on the league as in scotland) so that rules out Boca.

Ferro play in green, so that's them out.

As for Huracan... well they're not actually that close.

So as the away top of Independiente has a nice Saltire on it and my wife supports them, i think i'll have to support them.

TeeFl.jpg

I didn't get much choice, married a man from La Boca. Supporting any other team would be reason for divorce....
Actually, when asked I just smile and say I prefer rugby and support the All Blacks (which normally changes the topic completely and I have to sit through their interesting interpretations of the Haka).

I married a Boca Juniors fan as well, so not much choice there. :) There's no stadiums or teams in zona oeste where we're at, but this is definitely Boca country (which you can tell by the fireworks and gunshots when Boca scores en el clasico!) ;)

AngelinBA said:
I didn't get much choice, married a man from La Boca. Supporting any other team would be reason for divorce....
Actually, when asked I just smile and say I prefer rugby and support the All Blacks (which normally changes the topic completely and I have to sit through their interesting interpretations of the Haka).

NOT TRUE!!

The family I lived with when I got here had parents who were Racing & Boca fans, a daughter who was a San Lorenzo fan, a son who was a River fan, and I can't remember the other daughter's team. But among the 5, at MOST 2 liked the same team and the rest liked different teams.

Boca fans are probably the lowest common denominator of the entire country.

(Though many of my drivers on my tours, as well as many taxi drivers are "from Boca" and most of them are quite nice.)

Amargo said:
For any expat looking for a somewhat well managed club, with few barra bravas, nice football, etc, there is only one option: Velez.
(myself a River fan)

Amargo.... so what makes you think that Velez have only a few barras. Have you had personal contact with Velez supporters... home and/ or away, and do you know them personally or their barras. Why are you trying to promote Velez to expats if you support River, which means that you wouldn't really know the security position in Liniers, or do you. Actually it is not the best of stadiums to visit on public transport, nor for parking in your own vehicle. I live just a 15 min drive from the stadium, but you might of course be an authority on all of this. Have you been to the Amalfitani often ?

Back