My hair is sad... :(

JoeKelly711

Registered
Hello!

So, I sacrificed wardrobe room in my suitcases for my hot rollers and hair straightener only to find out that the "converters/adapters" do not work as well as I had "planned". Now my hair is sad and misses looking nice. I am not a very vain person, but I am also not one of the lucky ones who has beautiful, non frizzy hair right out of the shower. I am reduced to pony tails and buns and that is also not a look that works well for me.

I have looked into buying new, and..... forget that!! I don't even have a job yet (which, catch 22, Im going to need to look nice and polished for any job interviews)

Does anyone happen to have an extra straightener they would be so kind to sell me? One that I can plug directly into my Argentine bathroom socket? I can afford about 30 to 45 pesos right now.

Any help would be wonderful.......

Pleads from my hair and I,
Kelly

What's wrong with the converter thing you brought? I have a 110/220 transformer/converter I recently bought for $150 but in the end I don't need it. Do you want to try with that?

check out mercadolibre.com.ar I am sure you can get a second hand one there, or go to cash converters on Cabildo one block from Federico Lacroze in Belgrano and you will find one ;)

Mini... the transformer/converter I bought was a cheap one and kind of worked on my straightener for a few days, then it got really hot and popped (not to be used again). My "on" light on my hotrollers didn't even come on so I am guessing that didn't work for that either. Did you ever use the converter? I am afraid it just will not work properly, maybe I just had a really crappy one. Nikad also posted some help so I am going to check that out first and then I will let you know. Thank you so much though!!

Nikad.. Thank you for the info. I will check that out!

You guys are awesome!!

kelly

JoeKelly711 said:
Mini... the transformer/converter I bought was a cheap one and kind of worked on my straightener for a few days, then it got really hot and popped (not to be used again). My "on" light on my hotrollers didn't even come on so I am guessing that didn't work for that either. Did you ever use the converter? I am afraid it just will not work properly, maybe I just had a really crappy one. Nikad also posted some help so I am going to check that out first and then I will let you know. Thank you so much though!!

You guys are awesome!!

kelly
Heehhe YW, I do know about frizz hair ;)

JoeKelly711 said:

You guys are awesome!!

kelly

It's quite a powerful one. The person I bought it from used it to run quite a few appliances as they brought most of them from the US. I never ended up using it as I decided not to buy the KitchenAid when I was in the US. It seemed like quite a large thing to bring on the plane even if desperately want one! LOL.

No worries, you should go to this place located on Parana 220. Very cheap prices.
http://www.alamtec.com.ar/

all types of adapters and transformers.

I bought a transformer and a power strip with 5 outlets (universal) for 110 pesos. The transformer is powerful enough to power 5 devices of 110 volts simulatneously. Be sure to specify how many things you might be plugging in and they will sell you the appropriate transformer. Good luck!

Be careful with converters and hair straighteners! Sometimes it changes the strength - I fried off a big chunk of my hair about a year ago, and it's only now starting to look normal again! :p

nikad said:
check out mercadolibre.com.ar I am sure you can get a second hand one there, or go to cash converters on Cabildo one block from Federico Lacroze in Belgrano and you will find one ;)

Went there! (Cabildo 638) Found one!! 50 Pesos too! Thank you for the pawn shop spot!! My hair feels great, I can hear it whisper... "thank you!"

Thanks Nikad!!
I love this sight!

Back