My New Netbook (Thank You!!!!) But Internet Problems

Thanks Gringoboy. My problem is not with my netbook. Sorry for the confusion. It is with a dual core desktop Dell and the OS is Vista. I have been doing updates and following Iznogud's advice and I was able to get on BAExpats just now with no problem so that's a hopeful sign. I'll go now and check and see if it is better elsewhere.

Also, the laptop does have some problem in that it will not upload a recording to yahoo email. I just checked and that one is Windows 7. I also checked and it will go to Wikipedia and this site, which the Dell would not until now. And yes, of course you may suggest anything. Always feel free! I appreciate all of your good advice.

Cancel Arnet and switch to Fibertel - they'll come within a week. In a month or so, a very nice Arnet person will call you to ask why you cancelled the service and offer you a discount.

I second fibertel.. i have many problems with them but I do not think it is really entirely Fibertel's fault... The whole country has a internet infrastructural problem, prices are low and demand is increasing, the whole system is overloaded. I somehow think that Fibertel and others swing the bandwidth availability from one area to another area to minimize impact. So in this case, problem always come back from time to time.

I absolutely hate Arnet. I hired their service two years ago, even though I installed everything correctly I didn't have internet and then I cancelled the service. As I never had a second of internet, they couldn't charge me for the service, just for sending the modem. But surprise surprise, two months after I cancelled I received bills for two months of internet service. I called and said that I didn't have to pay for that since I never had their service, they agreed and cancelled the bills but some time after that they came back and I was just too tired to be waiting three hours on the phone again. I pay them: a.k.a, I give them some money for nothing.

I had Fibertel for two years, I never had a problem. Never. Comparing the service to Arnet's makes me love Fibertel even more and I would recommend it to anyone. However, I've been told by an aquaintance that works for Fibertel that the cableado (cable system) it's not the same everywhere and so in some areas the service is better than in others. Maybe I'm lucky to live in an area with excellent cableado.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend Arnet to my worst enemy! Haha.

Agreed, we've had Fibertel in Olivos at four or five different locations since 05 and they've always been spot on.
The trouble with Arnet is that they don't care.

Back