My oldest son got mugged for the 3rd time this year.

So sorry to hear about your son - how is he feeling? I find that the aftermath of a mugging (attempted or succesful) is often worse than actually losing your property.

Anyone watch the video on the news of the man that got mugged in his car, they took him out to the street and punched him then when he dropped kicked him in the face a few times for good measure. Got in his car couldnt drive almost ran his own mate over then when the police came tried to run the cop over but eventually flipped the car onto its side.

The police in the video look like children with plastic guns, No idea how to position themselves, they even start to hide and run away. Then finally apprehend the shitheads.

Forget going to the police for anything.

mrporoto said:
Where did you get the info on the deaths in LP?

Gunshop manager that has close ties to the police.

citygirl, thanks for your concerns. My youngest spoke to me and told me the news. #1 son (15) is the introverted type, angry with the whole universe> Definitely not the guy that hangs onto a phone or has practically any use for one. The emotions that you can get out of him right now are mostly explosive, otherwise he's a sponge. All bottled up.

GeorgeAus, Police here have no instruction or trainning. Most constitute a danger to themselves.

Iznogud said:
GeorgeAus, Police here have no instruction or trainning. Most constitute a danger to themselves.
This reminds me of one of my favorite anecdotes of police action in buenos aires. I was in my living room one evening when I hear police sirens, I go out on my balcony and there are vans, cars and ambulances, about 5 police in suits, a couple uniforms, and another 15 or so in full body armor with sub machine-guns, shotguns, etc. The latter break down the door to the house in front with a big steel rod, and go running in to the corridor and out of sight........

......2 minutes later.....

Cops all coming running out at full speed, pick up the battering ram again and break down the door next door (its a PH with independant entrances). I was still laughing when 10 minutes later they walked out with 4 or 5 guys with their hands tied behind their backs.

:eek:

But I bet they didn't shoot the dog! :D

If you check the US gun boards, you''ll find that it has become an unfortunate "SOP" for SWAT teams to shoot the dogs. Kind of a shitty deal specially when they are at the wrong adress.

Hey if your son is alright that's the best thing of all. Mugging happens, tell him to stay alert and to stay away from the villero-looking folk.

I know!! it's kind of racist to put it like that, but I find no better way to put it. No sugar coating for that.

I'm not fond of the "fierita" looks, yet I do not judge the book by its cover.

Consider all the people that have ever screwed you and you'll notice that they mostly looked exactly like you. Otherwise you wouldn't have let them close, approach you or let your guard down. Friends, acquantances, bosses, employees, clerks, etc. The facts prove that you've been screwed over and over again by people that looked quite ok to your senses. The hooded thugh is a stereotype hardly ever encountered in the real world, don't worry about him, worry about those you can see without "seing" them. The bad guy usually looks just like one of us. No wolfes and lambs, all the same.

Awareness is a subtle skill that can developped. Unfortunatelly most of us carry our worries around and tune out of our surroindings while in transit. That's when the predators strike.

Sorry to hear about your son. I hope he's doing alright and doesn't explode in the wrong way, at the wrong place. I'd be pretty pissed off too if I was robbed repeatedly.

Back