Nanny and Household assistant

bonniedias

Registered
Hello,

I am a native of California living in Buenos Aires indefinitely. I'm 28 and have been babysitting since I was 14 and have been a professional live-in-nanny for two families. I'm looking for part time to full time employment and have a ready resume to send to potential employers.

"Only where children gather is there any real chance of fun." ~Mignon McLaughlin, journalist

Hope this finds it's way to the right family,
Bonnie

Hi,

Please can you send me a private message with your email and phone number. i would be very interested to see your resume.

With all best wishes,

Katie

My name is Julieta, I am currently living in Dublin and moving back to Buenos Aires in May. I have 2 children (3 and 4) and they will be going to school in the mornings so I need someone to help me some afternoons. We will be living around Pilar/ Escobar area.
Please can you let me know if you are still available and would be interested on a part time job, so we can follow up?

Thanks,
Julieta.

Hi Bonnie!

Could you please send me your resume? We have 2 kids, 9 and 5 and we would be intereted they can spend some time with an enghish speaker nanny. We live in Belgrano neighbourhood.

Many thanks,

Walter.

I luckily don't need the services but after 7 years here I do have some advice for new expats looking for limited part-time help. You will really need to pay a premium rate per hour to secure a long-term reliable part time service either in house cleaning or child care ie min 30 pesos per hour. 7 years ago with the country in crisis there was no shortage of people looking for kind families to work for, even for 2 hours a day. Our own cleaning lady was used to working up to 15 houses a week just to earn a wage crossing the city in the process...with the economy growth and more basic opportunities available it really isnt so easy to find someone willing to work just 2-3 hours a day a few days a week without a really good hourly rate OR if you can share this lady with a friend who lives nearby. Otherwise you will find yourself churning through people at an alarming rate...which isnt adviseable re security and access to your house never mind the effect on the kids or you.
Hope this helps. I was jjust super lucky to have the same lady 7 years but she says after we go she'll never work for another family again (which I think is a compliment!)..but which is also a sign of the times.

Yes, it's getting incredibly expensive here and no one can live off the old wages of even 1 year ago. I do my own cleaning now. It's free and very good for the soul...

Back