Nasty Stomach Bug?

RichardP

Registered
I've heard anecdotally that something is "going around" from the portero and folks on the street. It swooped down on my family for three days and it wasn't pretty.

Anyone else experiencing something like this?

It's pretty common for restaurants in ARG practice poor food handling, so in warmer weather there tend to be more bouts of food poisoning. Possible that?

I've heard anecdotally that something is "going around" from the portero and folks on the street. It swooped down on my family for three days and it wasn't pretty.

Its over here on the other side of the river too knocked me out for around 48 hours last week. But I have had worse once or twice while vacationing at tropical resorts.

I know a girl from work who had a parrilla last Thursday and she's been bedridden since. My best mate and I got this bug last May or so. The doctor told me that it was very common and to avoid eating pretty much everything, especially pizza.

I had one for 3 days/ 2nights in January but couldn't pinpoint it to food as I had shared meals with others and no one got it from eating the same things...

I am not sure what Richard P means by a nasty stomach bug but I can attest that three times during my last four trips to BA I suffered from throwing up, and diarrhea for one day. I was soo tired all I did was sleep and run to the bathroom. The remarkable thing was that 24 hours later I felt fine, like nothing had happened. My first time I thought it may have been food poisoning, but because it happened several more times, i concluded it must be a bug, even more so because 24 hours later I was fine.

Surprise! Last December in sunny Southern California I got the same thing after a visit from my one year old grandchild, who happened to throw up all night. He had it and then I had it. It's got to be a 24 hour bug!

I recently spent 3 days without being able to hold anything in my stomach. It all just passed by.
Of course I couldn't tell what food caused this, since we were 4 people and nobody else accused the same issue. I thought I became allergic to some fruit I ate (a peach and a grape), but I had the same stuff yesterday and nothing happened.

I think it was the cold buffet in a tenedor libre who had been sitting there too long.

My suspicion is that my 11 month-old daughter picked up something in the plaza since she got sick first, then my wife, then me. The baby had the least problems and she ran a fever of 102 for a couple of hours and got better amazingly quick. For me it's dragging on.
I thought it might be food poisoning too, but the baby eats different food than us along with breastmilk.

A friend of mine recently was down for three days with a stomach bug.

Back