Natural foods in BA

Hi
I lived in BA for about 4 months, I am a bit of a health freak..and I was freaking out when I was there..Soy milk officially does not exist there....there is one brand, theat do a soy drink, but it is horrible, better off to go without. I also found it really hard to eat healthily..too much meat, if you are on the street and are hungry its impossible to find something healthy. I began to pack nuts and fruit with me, or wholemeal bread in my bag. I did used to go to a health food store in martinez, where I bought rosehip oil and natural soap etc. You will find some health food stores but they are not quite the same as what you would be used to

Good luck, i think its just about making adjustments

Quoting "kimberley": ". . . . I was freaking out . . . . if you are on the street and are hungry it[']s impossible to find something healthy. I began to pack nuts . . . ."
What, you don't like garrapiñadas or almendras? They're everywhere, downtown!

"Ades" is in pretty much every supermarket in buenos airesIts a weird combination of soy milk and fruit juice. I think they do a natural flavour though. Jumbo and the bigger places have soya milk as well. Happy hunting.

argentina is one of the world's largest producers of soya!
it took me all of 2 minutes, from the uk, to track down soya milk in argie, ades does a natural version, as in straight up soya milk (although i personally like the fruit versions, an acquired taste) and disco supermarkets stock it.
http://www3.discovirtual.com.ar

the best organic food I have found and consistently so is through Tallo Verde and they deliver. You can look them up online.

Napoleon said:
Good luck finding soy milk.
Although Argentina is one of the top 3 or 4 producers of soy in the world, the concept of "Soy Milk" hasn't reached her yet.
There are some "Natural Foods" type stores on Cordoba between Parana & Montevideo on the north side of the street. (The "RIGHT" side as you are driving with traffic.)
One is a restaurant at street level with an escalator that goes downstairs to a little market. There's another store one or two doors down.
Will update as I remember things.

This is an old post but I just wanted to comment in case anyone searches for soy milk in the forum. In China Town, in several of the markets, they indeed sell soy milk. The posters who said it doesn´t exist apparently did not know about China Town. There is at least one market that specializes in everything soy, let alone several markets with fresh soy milk in the fridge. The Ades brand in supermarkets (the natural, ie unflavored version) is another option if you are in a pinch.

tinto said:
This is an old post but I just wanted to comment in case anyone searches for soy milk in the forum. In China Town, in several of the markets, they indeed sell soy milk. The posters who said it doesn´t exist apparently did not know about China Town. There is at least one market that specializes in everything soy, let alone several markets with fresh soy milk in the fridge. The Ades brand in supermarkets (the natural, ie unflavored version) is another option if you are in a pinch.

The soy milk sold in Chinatown is also unflavored. It tastes nothing like Soy milk from the states, and tastes a bit like drinking tofu. I've found it's not so bad when I turn it into chocolate soy milk.

hi all,

I found the natural Ades soy milk in Coto. I noticed for the fruit-flavored ones, they have a light option. Has anyone seen a light option for the "natural" flavored one?

Back