Opcion & Naturalization

ChiefChick

Registered
Hi, haven't seen this question asked so thanks in advance.

Wife (50) was born in Barcelona to 2 native Argentinos. She never exercised citizenship por opcion, has always been a permanent resident.
I am a permanent resident of Argentina, we've lived here 3 years. (Married 16 years if it matters)

She is going to apply for citizenship por opcion. My question is:
Can she and I apply for Argentine citizenship at the same time, hers por opcion and mine through naturalization via our marriage? Or do I have to wait for hers to be approved and then apply?

I know sometimes people want to know why we have decided to do something they wouldn't suggest, this is the best thing for our family.

Hi, haven't seen this question asked so thanks in advance.

Wife (50) was born in Barcelona to 2 native Argentinos. She never exercised citizenship por opcion, has always been a permanent resident.
I am a permanent resident of Argentina, we've lived here 3 years. (Married 16 years if it matters)

She is going to apply for citizenship por opcion. My question is:
Can she and I apply for Argentine citizenship at the same time, hers por opcion and mine through naturalization via our marriage? Or do I have to wait for hers to be approved and then apply?

I know sometimes people want to know why we have decided to do something they wouldn't suggest, this is the best thing for our family.
You've already passed the time requirement of living here of 2 years, and even if you hadn't, I believe your wife's citizenship would be irrelevant as she isn't a native citizen, i.e. she wasn't born here, she was born to Argentine parents, so you should start the process now for yourself, and she can do hers whenever she wants as yours will take longer, I'm coming up on 2 years since having applied.

Bajo and others may correct me as to whether she counts as a native citizen or not, but my understanding is she doesn't making her citizenship moot, but I could be wrong.

Your wife can apply at Renaper for free or at Federal Courts where it takes 3 months more or less.
You can apply by the 2 years of address and change the cause later.
However, if you want to by pass DNI, you need a lawyer。

You've already passed the time requirement of living here of 2 years, and even if you hadn't, I believe your wife's citizenship would be irrelevant as she isn't a native citizen, i.e. she wasn't born here, she was born to Argentine parents, so you should start the process now for yourself, and she can do hers whenever she wants as yours will take longer, I'm coming up on 2 years since having applied.

Bajo and others may correct me as to whether she counts as a native citizen or not, but my understanding is she doesn't making her citizenship moot, but I could be wrong.
The daughter of an Argentine is Argentine.
Read better, he has the 2 years.

Back