Natural foods in BA

I regularly buy Ades natural soy milk, I use it every morning in my coffee and really like it. I also haven't had US soy milk in a few years, but I remember Ades being an acquired taste. For those who are Argie Starbucks customers, they use the Ades natural flavor as the leche de soja brand in all the branches.

Ades soymilk is made from genetically-modified soybeans, as are 97% of Argentine soy products. It's actually the reason I don't touch soy here -- no soy latte is better than a GMO soy latte :(

starlucia said:
Ades soymilk is made from genetically-modified soybeans, as are 97% of Argentine soy products. It's actually the reason I don't touch soy here -- no soy latte is better than a GMO soy latte :(

Monsanto is a U.S.-based multinational agricultural biotechnology corporation. It is the world's leading producer of the herbicide glyphosate, marketed as "Roundup". Monsanto is also the leading producer of genetically engineered (GE) seed; it sells 90% of the US's GE seeds. It is headquartered in Creve Coeur, Missouri.

You can buy Ades soy milk, which is similar to Silk in the US. It's a processed food, but it's soy milk. You can also buy fresh plain soy milk at any Chinese store. Barrio Chino is your best bet and we have one right behind our house in Congreso. Diateticas are a strange name for health food stores, but that's what they are and they sell lots of things. You can buy organic whole grain breads and other things, deserts, empanadas, flours, at Hausbrot which has several locations around the city, high quality, delicious food, very affordable. There is an organic farmer's market across from the front gate to Chacarita cemetery, next to the train/subte station. It's very good, though far, a bit pricey, but they have cheeses, meats, fruits and vegetables and it's all in one place...

nycgirl said:
There is also La Esquina de las Flores on gurruchaga in Palermo....

Where is that health food store in palermo? What is the cross streets? I just arrived to BA today.

Back