Need a Movie Fix: Tonight

The McDonalds is closed and under construction but I think the movie theater is still open at VIllage Recoleta

The Village Recoleta I think is about to close as well. They have been closing everyhting down in the mall as the lease expires and the theater and the Cupides bookstore are the only things left right now (unless the bookstore closed in the last two weeks as well).

My understanding is that they are going to tear down the mall (that half-block) and replace it with two 15-story residencial towers, probably with a shopping on the first floor or so. That's the "word on the street" around there, anyway.

Village Recoleta is now only showing 5 different movies, where before it would show two or three times that many.

Another place that might be cool to see a movie is Hoyt's in the new Dot Baires mall, in Saavedra:

http://www.dotshopping.com.ar/#cine

They have regular salas, but for those who want to try a little luxury, also have two premium salas with big stuffed leather recliner chairs and a table for every two seats where you can place orders for drinks and gourmet food, with waiters. I've been wanting to try that, but haven't had time yet...

If you're on a budget there's a theatre on Lavalle (around 600) that is quite a bit cheaper and has first run movies. We went last weekend with a coupon for 2 x 24pesos. It's not the most glamourous, but I enjoyed the tackiness!

Also, Abasto Shopping has nice big theatre as well.

ElQueso, they're renovating Village Recoleta, that's why it's closed. It's going to reopen in March-April (last I heard), with many upgrades, including some 3D theatres (which serve us non-Spanish speakers no good, but still).

Also, I really like Atlas on Lavalle. HUGE screen, the seating's the old style, but it's great to see a film on. If only they'd open up the balcony.

syngirl said:
Somewhere else I saw something about Village Rec being closed temporarily? Is that true?

yeah, but the movie theater is open.

Back