Need a Roommate - October through March+

pmcurtis

Registered
Hey Everybody, my name is Patrick and I am looking for a roommate that can split the rent for this place with me: http://www.jaimejensen.com/vacation...ina-capital-federal-buenos-aires-palermo-soho

For a 6 month commitment, the Realtor said we can get it for $2,300/month or about $1,150 each. It is a huge place and in a great area (from what I can tell and all my research).

A bit about me: I'm a 30 yo single male and I run my own online communities (WallStreetOasis.com, RecWave.com and coming soon...jdOasis.com) so I'd be working from the apt. I just got my MBA and decided to run these communities full time to give myself the freedom to travel the world. South America is first and BA is going to be my home base for a while. My mother is Colombiana so I do speak fluent spanish (although I'm a bit rusty) but it will likely take me a month or so to get fully fluent in Argentine spanish :)

Anyway, if you're interested I'm at [email protected], 617-429-7821 or you an hit me up on Skype at patmcurtis. I'm a respectful roommate but I don't think we'd have a problem staying out of each others way with all the space. Even if you don't want to be my roommate, I will try to throw a house warming party and all are invited once I get settled in....

Moving in early October.

Talk soon,
Patrick

The place is nice but honest opinion - that's very expensive. I rent a 120 square meter 2 BR,high floor, fully-furnished in a very nice area and pay A LOT less than that. (Granted I don't have a wading pool:D). And just FYI - it's Villa Crespo, not Palermo Queens - don't believe the website;)

Have you checked soloduenos.com yet?

I totally agree with citygirl, its way to expensive, and at the moment there is alot of places for rent here, just look at the number of listing on craigslist. If it was me i would also be asking for a big discount because of the length of time you are wanting it.

citygirl said:
And just FYI - it's Villa Crespo, not Palermo Queens - don't believe the website;)

Everywhere is palermo now.. have you not heard of BARRIO CREAP ???

There is one add on craigslist that i always see, the apartment is in abasto, but is always listed as either palermo or barrio norte, when i went and saw the apartment i asked the guy about this, his answer was "foreigners know palermo and barrio norte, they dont know abasto". I wondered how many people had rented it sight-unseen over the net and didnt know it wasnt in palermo or barrio norte..
He also said it had a queen bed, but i think it was at best a very small double.

For what that place is, it does not seem that expensive. Remember, this is short-term, furnished, all utilities and Internet included, etc.

That being said, I doubt you will find a roommate at that price. People looking for roommates tend to want a bargain place. At $1,150 each you'd be able to find a much better one bedroom in a better location (closer to the heart of Palermo Soho for example).

Sleuth said:
For what that place is, it does not seem that expensive. Remember, this is short-term, furnished, all utilities and Internet included, etc.

That being said, I doubt you will find a roommate at that price. People looking for roommates tend to want a bargain place. At $1,150 each you'd be able to find a much better one bedroom in a better location (closer to the heart of Palermo Soho for example).

Sleuth - so is mine (furnished, utilities and internet included, etc). And I'm on Libertador. And paying a lot less.

Personally - for what it has, and the location especially, I think its over-priced. Or at least there are quite a few other options in that price range to be looked at.

Definitely agree with you on the difficulty of finding a roommate at that price range, for that amount of time.

thanks for all the feedback guys. I have a guy (actually from this community) that is willing to pay $700 to live there with me so just seeing if I can get someone that can contribute more to reduce my cost.

I've looked at about 1,000 apartments, even on soloduenos (I speak spanish, so not an issue) and although this place is more expensive, given the size (2,300 sf), fully furnished, amenities, etc...I actually think it is a decent deal at $2,300/mo (basically it's a townhouse, much bigger than any 2BR I've seen). Now maybe I am naive on the location, but is it not like a 5-10min walk from heart of Palermo Soho?

Is the location bad?

Thanks so much!
Patrick

...torn....should I take this place instead? It is in Palermo Chico, still not very central but it is nice and has a big desk space.

Back