Need Advise On Bi-Lingual School

Sridhar7

Registered
Hola,

Greetings from India. I have a new assignment in Buenos Aires starting April and need some advise on bi-lingual school for our kids who need to be admitted in 1st grade.

Appreciate any advise on bi-lingual school and residential areas.

-Sri

Welcome to BA.

if I was in yr position, I will put the kids in a 100% Spanish school for 100% rapid immersion. They can always speak English at home with you or when they leave Argentina.

Its a prime time of their lives to pick up a important foreign language very fast.

Welcome to BA.

if I was in yr position, I will put the kids in a 100% Spanish school for 100% rapid immersion. They can always speak English at home with you or when they leave Argentina.

Its a prime time of their lives to pick up a important foreign language very fast.
Do you have kids?

Three of the best
fully bilingual schools

St. Catherine's
SEDE BELGRANO
Carbajal 3250, Belgrano (1426)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
ph. (+ 54 11) 4552-4353 / 4554-4761
f. 4554-4113
[email protected]

Belgrano Day School
http://www.bds.edu.ar/en/

Northlands
http://northlands.org.ar/webpublica/contact.html

The best bilingual school academically speaking is St Andrews. I don't know if it will be the best environment for your kids, though. Belgrano Day school is not as good as Northlands or St Catherine's but it could work.

St Andrews used to be good but it's barely bi lingual and not academically as good or as diversified as Lincoln. But in the long run it's not what the school gives you, it's want you take away. Case in point, George Bush went to Yale, he didn't pass go and didn't pick up $200.

Our son went to Belgrano Day School (in the neighborhood of Belgrano R, which is awesome, especially if you have kids but still want to live in the city) and I can't say enough good things about it. They helped him get acclimated to a new country, he got dialed in with friends and sports, and he leaned Spanish (with extra support) while still being challenged in the English program.

I strongly disagree with plopping your kids right into a Spanish school. They will likely be the only foreigners and that is hard for most kids. My son had a couple of other non-Argentine students in his class, and a few of the families also had a parent from the US, Europe or Asia. It's not inexpensive, but he got a good education and I felt that he was very safe there.

One other thing to remember is that the new school year will begin in a little over a month, so depending on your timeline for your move, you might want to talk with your possible schools ASAP.

One other thing to remember is that the new school year will begin in a little over a month, so depending on your timeline for your move, you might want to talk with your possible schools ASAP.
Thats why you want to stick with the US [Northern Hemi]school year if you are a short timer.

Our son went to Belgrano Day School (in the neighborhood of Belgrano R, which is awesome, especially if you have kids but still want to live in the city) and I can't say enough good things about it. They helped him get acclimated to a new country, he got dialed in with friends and sports, and he leaned Spanish (with extra support) while still being challenged in the English program.

I strongly disagree with plopping your kids right into a Spanish school. They will likely be the only foreigners and that is hard for most kids. My son had a couple of other non-Argentine students in his class, and a few of the families also had a parent from the US, Europe or Asia. It's not inexpensive, but he got a good education and I felt that he was very safe there.

I am glad you had a good experience. Belgrano Day school also told someone I know that he couldn't enrol his (adopted) daughter the following year without considering that his wife had died 8 months before and that that was the last thing the girl needed. The man was shocked as he had attended Belgrano Day School himself.

Being Argentinian and also a fully trained teacher I can openly say that the most prestigious bilingual schools in BA are St Andrews, Northlands, Newman, St George's and St Catherine's/Moorlands. They also pay their teachers more. St Andrews is a foundation is not a business and they hire as many teachers abroad as they can possibly afford.

Back