Need Guarantee To Rent....

Since 10 years (in 6 days, it will be my 10th anniversary here!), I used a garantia only once, for the very first months.

Everything can be negotiated (but indeed, some LL will accept only a garantia).

Actually (although it seems to never work that way... with LL even asking for more money on the deposit when the rental price is raised), I did read somewhere (ley de alquileres?) that the deposit should be given back after an indexation using the same mechanism to raise the rent. E.g.: you start renting at 3.000$ per month with a deposit of 6.000$ (2 months), and you leave at the end of the 2nd year when the rent has been raised to 4.000$ = you should get back 8.000$.

You are lucky if you get back the deposit..... :D less cleaning fees and other non descript damages....!! after a long period of back and forth arguments....!! it may take months of unanswered phone calls and broken promises.

If you are a local with a bank account and a pay slip showing a high income from a major company, your chances are MUCH Better to rent without a Garantia,,,,,!!! YES

You are lucky if you get back the deposit..... :D less cleaning fees and other non descript damages....!! after a long period of back and forth arguments....!! it may take months of unanswered phone calls and broken promises.

Indeed too. Not to blame all landlords though since some inquilinos can be quite a disaster.

Photographs are not real proofs here (I forgot the name in Spanish but they call photos & such as a "beginning of a proof" or something like that).
Best solution I found so far if there's a dispute regarding the deposit: hiring an escribano publico when you give the keys back (paid 50/50% between both parties) -> just the threat of that might make the LL more willing to give back at least a part of the deposit.

Well, caba is difficult. At Eamos Mejía you grava more real State agents that appartments for rent. They have lower standards for renting.

Back