Need legal help

jason_nevin

Registered
I recently had an accident in my apartment and as a result glass was showered down onto the street causing damage to cars. Every man and his dog is claiming against me. Does anyone have an abogado that they can recommend?

Thanks

Jason

jason_nevin said:
I recently had an accident in my apartment and as a result glass was showered down onto the street causing damage to cars. Every man and his dog is claiming against me. Does anyone have an abogado that they can recommend?

Thanks

Jason

José Melendez Paredes 4371-4166 you'll have to speak in spanish though. But excellent, honest and same price for expats and Argentine nationals, no funny business.

christian rubilar
he speaks perfect english and is my lawyer he is excellent... im not sure if he only does immigration law tho as that what i am seeing him for.. but check it out
[email protected]

The Laws of Physics tell me it must have been a mega impact on the glass (window ?) to travel far enough to cross the sidewalk & hit more than one car. I'm curious.

If you see a lawyer, your first 'contact' appointment should be free (well, if the lawyer is not late...:p) but nevertheless, how bad is the damage on the cars ?

If the damage is your mistake, then indeed I recommend you settle things (karma is quick to catch up) but a lawyer for this kind of case will charge you a minimum of 1200/1500 pesos I guess.

If you want to hire one because you don't want to pay anything (your business) & if you don't own any property here (no car, no real estate, nada) = then don't hire one (you own nothing here, end of the story).

If you want to hire one because you're ok to pay but just what's due & you're scared : if you own nothing here you don't have to be scared and can sleep better tonight, and in this case better not hire a lawyer. Put yourself in the shoes of the claimants then (they know you own nothing here & they likely are Argentineans so the first question they will wonder, being Argentinean, is "does this guy owns anything here ?"). Then negotiate fairly & ethically.

If you own property here, better see a lawyer indeed.

Anyway, you can also take advantage of the fact lawyers don't charge the first consultation and see five of them freely...:cool:

Back