Need quick advice on notary and apostille

oldgringo

Registered
Hi, I am trying to book my daughter into college and I was told I needed her high school diploma notarized and an apostille. I looked at the embassy website and it does not appear they do that . I just thought before I make an emergency trip to the states I would ask if anyone had any experience in these matters . We were told that she could start without it and provide it later but surprise today another person said she could not . I guess I should have seen that coming as I have had that happen so many times in Argentina . Thank you for any help

Pay them to do it and save yourself a trip/headache. I've used them to apostille other documents before.

I've been dealing with the same issue this week and decided I'll just enroll next term unless they let me enroll provisionally now, as getting the documents they want will be time consuming.

This company can apostille a scan of the diploma, but the original apostille needs to come to Argentina to be validated is what I was told. Apparently they changed the whole system this year so nobody actually knows anything. They told me I also need apostilled transcripts, and I'm trying (along with the school district office) to figure out how to obtain such a thing.

Please post if you do successfully pull off the provisional enrollment.

Hello,

you can ask the US school to provide a notarized transcript and copy of the diploma. They usually have at least one PN on staff. Then it is sent for apostille. Some schools are nice enough to handle also the apostille for a fee and then mail you everything internationally.
Taking a plane to get a transcript notarized seems a little drastic to me.

Pay them to do it and save yourself a trip/headache. I've used them to apostille other documents before.

I've been dealing with the same issue this week and decided I'll just enroll next term unless they let me enroll provisionally now, as getting the documents they want will be time consuming.

This company can apostille a scan of the diploma, but the original apostille needs to come to Argentina to be validated is what I was told. Apparently they changed the whole system this year so nobody actually knows anything. They told me I also need apostilled transcripts, and I'm trying (along with the school district office) to figure out how to obtain such a thing.

He doesn't need a federal apostille, just a State apostille.
If the school won't help, ask them to mail the notarized transcript and diploma to someone in the US and have that someone mail the records for the apostille.

Hi, I am trying to book my daughter into college and I was told I needed her high school diploma notarized and an apostille. I looked at the embassy website and it does not appear they do that . I just thought before I make an emergency trip to the states I would ask if anyone had any experience in these matters . We were told that she could start without it and provide it later but surprise today another person said she could not . I guess I should have seen that coming as I have had that happen so many times in Argentina . Thank you for any help
I used these guys to apostille two federal documents in order to renew my DNI here. They returned the documents apostilled from the State of New York in two days. $150 / document and $50 to mail the originals to Buenos Aires. Call them and they will offer guidance.

I received my precaria on Monday and now await final approval.

By the way, don't listen to the 'sea lawyers' who assert that there is a difference between a federal and any other apostille. Any apostille issued under the 1961 Hague Apostille Convention authority is a valid apostille.

".... so nobody actually knows anything ...."

Isn't that the truth!

Back