Need Some Advice On Job Hunt.

Abinsp1

Registered
Hi all,

I am new to this website. I have been in BA for 5 months now after arriving here to join my Argie wife for the birth of our son. Since my arrival I have been in search of a working opportunity but went unsuccessful so far. I have contacted some companies, around 10 of them where I had interviews with people of director/president levels. While all of them were impressed with my profile, the replies were 'let's stay in touch'. I assume the time of my arrival wasn't very good as it was followed by the election, balotaje, government change and summer holidays.

would like to know how other extranjeros feel about the current economic and employment situation of argentina.

NB:I have 7 years of working experience as international trader, handling purchase, sales, logistics etc. I have been working in China for the last 3 years before coming here.

For what is worth...

http://buenosaires.craigslist.org/?lang=en&cc=us

Or start your own thing, why work for someone and get sh*ty pays.

Come to ba only with special skills which are in extremely short supply here else its a wild goose chase here for jobs
Piggybacking on this thread...
Does anyone here have any experience working/applying for jobs in the finance industry in BA? I have a few years experience in the real estate finance industry, underwriting commercial real estate loans for a large/publicly traded company. Its not scientific/technical expertise though. I'm just wondering if that will hold any value in BA. Its not my only plan and I am exploring some other options, but it would be great if anyone could offer some more perspective on this.

Piggybacking on this thread...
Does anyone here have any experience working/applying for jobs in the finance industry in BA? I have a few years experience in the real estate finance industry, underwriting commercial real estate loans for a large/publicly traded company.

Useless. Traditionally, very few people take loans to buy property here. Mostly one fills up cash in a suitcase and goes to buy. Further, the interest rates are very high on loans if avbl at all.

Abinsp1:
Welcome to the New Argentina! You have come at the very beginning of the vibrant free market economy that this country was always destined to have.Unfortunately,the previous gov't left us in a huge whole which will take a few years to climb out of.
I would imagine that this is the main reason that you have not received any concrete feedback as yet on your interviews.Everyone is still "getting it together",so to speak.
Have you contacted the Chinese -Argentine Chamber of Commerce? Keep plugging away and don't loose hope.We have to do close monitoring and goal setting with this comeback.It's going to take a few years but you should become part of it.
I have been here 37 years and this is the best "business minded" gov't I have experienced to date.
Congrats on your new family !

Just read in today's Sunday ,March 13,La Nacion that Prat-Gay is predicting this coming June 10 as a date that we should first see a marked reduction in inflation as well as the beginning of growth.
.Let's hold him to that,people !
If not,then WHY not ? and with plenty of explanation.

Unless a candidate has a Very Unique qualification a local employer will not move if the candidate has no DNI (work permit), no Spanish command , and local experience. Furthermore they would prefer to hire a local on a trial basis on a minimum salary .Top level positions, very rarely are filled with foreigners. :rolleyes:

Unless a candidate has a Very Unique qualification a local employer will not move if the candidate has no DNI (work permit), no Spanish command , and local experience. Furthermore they would prefer to hire a local on a trial basis on a minimum salary .Top level positions, very rarely are filled with foreigners. :rolleyes:
So can I take that to mean that if I have a DNI, speak Spanish at an advanced level (including a C1 "effective operational proficiency" diploma from Cervantes, and a Business Spanish certification from the University of Wisconsin, and obviously the ability to prove such in an interview) and more than ample qualifications for the jobs I am seeing posted on job sites (mostly from U.S. companies), they will at least seriously consider my application?

Back