Need Some Advice On Job Hunt.

cafeamericano:
Have any of them already contacted you for a personal interview ?
I would think that they very well could be considering your application but they might not actually be hiring until the economic-financial situation stabilizes more.
I would think things would not begin to move for about 3 more months until mid-June at least.

cafeamericano:
Have any of them already contacted you for a personal interview ?
I would think that they very well could be considering your application but they might not actually be hiring until the economic-financial situation stabilizes more.
I would think things would not begin to move for about 3 more months until mid-June at least.
Yea, sorry if I wasn't clear on my situation. I'm still working through the visa process and will likely be coming to Argentina in 4-5 months. I'm just trying to get the lay of the land. A few other countries I looked at, I was informed that companies just won't consider foreigners at all (even if visa/language is not an issue). I have been looking on various job sites for Argentina to see what is out in there in a general sense and there are plenty of positions I believe I am well qualified for, and as I said before I would have a DNI and the language is not an issue. So I am just trying to get people's opinion on whether companies will consider foreigners, or if that is a huge initial barrier to get over. Will I be on equal footing as locals, given I would have the visa and language down?

cafeamericano:
Thanks for the clarification.Once you are here in Argentina with all the necessary docs etc.,drop me a line.
I'm from the U.S. but I belong to a group of local recruiters and hiring mamagers and maybe they can steer you in the right direction.

Back