need to get fitted for tux in bariloche...what kind of places do this?

RWS said:
¡Ja! Yes, of course any modern tailcoat is "cut away". 'Probably one reason why the word "cut-away" seldom is used nowadays, as by rational linguistic analysis alone it'd be as applicable to evening dress as to morning dress.

By the way, though the photo's too blurry to be certain, the lapel buttonhole looks . . . recognizable. Congratulations -- doubtless, many years after the fact.
Thanks - forgot to remove that one.

Kind of drawing a blank on this one. Patagonia isn't exactly a fashion mecca.

soulskier said:
Kind of drawing a blank on this one. Patagonia isn't exactly a fashion mecca.
:D:D

Ask a waiter in Hotel Edelweiss on San Martin?

This has turned interesting. In the US, we say we dress in "black tie" for the suit with the short jacket (tuxedo, smoking, dinner jacket, etc) and "white tie" for the more formal tailcoat. (I've only seen the morning coat/swallowtail/cutaway worn twice - once at a very formal wedding and once by Vladimir Horowitz at one of the afternoon recitals he took to playing late in his career).

It seems there are similar differences in Spanish-speaking countries. I had noticed that formalwear shops here tend to have the word "etiqueta" someone on the storefront and assumed it was a generic word for formalwear. I thought ckjb should be able to find whichever level of formal suit he needed at a shop that had "etiqueta" on the door.

CKJB - any luck locating a place in Bariloche?

Back