Need to hire a really good cleaning service/maid - Recoleta

sketchyblueeyes

Registered
Hello All

I am living in an apartment with a cat and I think that cat allergies are ruining my life :(

I have only a few more months left on my lease, but I'd like to hire someone to come clean super thoroughly every week with a vacuum and all that.

Does anyone know of a person or a service that comes and cleans, and brings a vaccuum and is really thorough?

THANKS!!

un beso

Sorry, I cannot recommend anyone... but if you have allergies then you might want to limit how many carpets and rugs you have. I haven't seen too many vacuums here and the ones they have aren't exactly the best... at least not anything powerful enough to really pick up all dirt and allergens. You could also try to find a place where you could take the rugs to get professionally cleaned.

Maybe I'm wrong though and there is a cleaning company specialized for that. :) Good luck with the search!

You may want to also take the cat to get groomed and bathed if that's possible. When people have cat allergies they are usually due to to cat "dander" which is the cat's saliva that stays on their fur from when they lick/clean themselves and flakes off when it dries. Many people have allergic reactions to this. For that reason a clean cat is less likely to cause as many allergy problems. I bathe my cat Billy twice and month and all of us (me, my partner and Billy) are happier for it. But my cat actually likes water, he has jumped in the shower a few times!

Eclair said:
Sorry, I cannot recommend anyone... but if you have allergies then you might want to limit how many carpets and rugs you have. I haven't seen too many vacuums here and the ones they have aren't exactly the best... at least not anything powerful enough to really pick up all dirt and allergens. You could also try to find a place where you could take the rugs to get professionally cleaned.

Maybe I'm wrong though and there is a cleaning company specialized for that. :) Good luck with the search!

I purchased a vacuum from Carrefour for 600 pesos in Vicente Lopez, and let me tell you it works better then my industrial vacuums I bought for my business in AUS. The amount of dust, dog hair and girlfriend hair it picked up was astonishing. As long as you clean and maintain a vacuum it will work great.

But no maid service that anyone knows about? I'm not exactly dying to go up to vincente lopez, purchase a vacuum, then spend hours attempting to clean cat dander. I'm literally only in this apartment for a few more months...

Put up a add on craigslist.

Or ask your land lord

Or ask some friends you may have in BA

Back