Need to repair or replace a coffee table

jml

Registered
Hi,
My boyfriend and I are spending some time living in BA and staying in a friend's spare apartment. We were ironing clothes last night, but as there was no ironing board here, we used the coffee table with a towel on top. This has left horrible discoloration marks all over the table. We are a bit embarrassed so want to repair / replace without having to tell my friend. Any suggestions on where to find a repair man (think they are called french polisher) who can sand and stain the table. Or where to buy a replacement? It looks like an ikea table, basic dark wood, not great quality, rectangular with a thin cutout down the middle.

Fess up to your friend.

There's no way you can resurface wood and have it look exactly the same as before.

Neil

Take a look in shops and find out how much a replacement costs. When your friend returns have the cash ready and INSIST that he take it. If you just offer he may decline. Don't put him in an uncomfortable position. This is what Cousin Eppie (aka Ann Landers) would have said.....

Spill some red wine on it..... maybe you can stain it back... at least spilling wine on the table sounds better hahaha

sergio said:
Take a look in shops and find out how much a replacement costs. When your friend returns have the cash ready and INSIST that he take it. If you just offer he may decline. Don't put him in an uncomfortable position. This is what Cousin Eppie (aka Ann Landers) would have said.....

Also look here:

http://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/mesa-ratona

(and never offer more than 80% of the asking price, especially for used items.)

Back