Nees some food

donquixote

Registered
Iv'e got 5 day left in BsAs, I've been here for 3 months . In these 3 months I have not had a decent meal here in BsAs. The steak have been over done to the consistancy of shoe leather. I'm not knockin Argentines, maybe they like their steaks burned, I think Argentine can compete with the British for dull food. I love Argentines but I sure would not want to marry an Argentine woman. They got great bodes but I questinon their culinary skills. Give ne a chunky Mexican woman who know how to make tamales and chile rellenos.
DQ

"donquixote" said:
In these 3 months I have not had a decent meal here in BsAs. The steak have been over done to the consistancy of shoe leather.

That's a pity. Go to any place with a "Parrilla" sign and say that you want your steak "muy jugoso". To be absolutely sure you can even stand by the cook and advise him during the process.A couple of links to parrilla's reviews.

"donquixote" said:
Iv'e got 5 day left in BsAs, I've been here for 3 months . In these 3 months I have not had a decent meal here in BsAs. The steak have been over done to the consistancy of shoe leather. I'm not knockin Argentines, maybe they like their steaks burned, I think Argentine can compete with the British for dull food. I love Argentines but I sure would not want to marry an Argentine woman. They got great bodes but I questinon their culinary skills. Give ne a chunky Mexican woman who know how to make tamales and chile rellenos.
DQ
I Dont know if this is a joke or not as the steaks are exceptional in most places and are cooked to Perfection . I have eaten literally hundreds of steaks here in all type of establishments and they in the main have been very tasty and tender. Whenever guests have visited me they all tell me the Steak is the tastiest they have tried in the World.
I agree that there is liitle spices or variety in cooking here but it is getting better and in the next few years there will be a food revolution here like what has happened in most cities on this planet.
Growing up In Sydney the food was absolutely terrible and with no variety at all. Nowadays Sydney is one of the food capitals of the world with a tremendous choice of excellent inovative food.

So the food in Britain is rubbish as well, I guess that must be why I can enjoy the food here so much. Must also be why I hate KFC Big Macs and anyother food saturated with trans fats thatcomes from the good ol US ofA.

Don Quitote, weren't you criticizing expats for complaining about the lack of fresh food in BA? Now you state that you haven't had a good meal in three months. As for the fresh food issue, I'd have to say that there is a problem getting fresh vegetables (or a decent variety) in BA however saying that you haven't had a decent meal is more a reflection on you than anything else. Yes, Portenos like beef extremely well done however you can insist that it be cooked to your taste. Sometimes they don't listen and it still comes out too well done however not always! In addition there are some very good restaurants where you can eat not only good beef but some very good pasta. Tangoboob, apparently you have had very limited experience in the US. In addition to McDonalds and other fast food, you can find some of the best restaurants in the world in the major metropolitan areas. New York alone is one of the world's major culinary capitals. By the way, just in case you haven't noticed, McDonalds can be found all over Argentina along with an endless amount of fatty and unhealthy food.

Hey Tangobob, If you think Mickie Ds, KFC and such represtent food in the States you are extreemly off in some warped dimention. I guess you must think Walmart is our only store too.

"ghost" said:
Hey Tangobob, If you think Mickie Ds, KFC and such represtent food in the States you are extreemly off in some warped dimention. I guess you must think Walmart is our only store too.
We don,t live off fish and chips either, and there is more to Argentine cuisine than steak. What I acctually said was food from the states, not in the states.
There is a view here that Argentine food is rubbish (British as well) I suspect it is the same view as the brits who go to Spain and say that the Spanish cannot cook. You cannot expect good ol American food down here or Canadian or British for that matter, where ever you are the best food will always be local. It can be freshly sourced and they know how to cook it.

Ive seen the exact same menu for 5 years. over and over. about 12 or so items from one end of the nation to the other.oh the dull pizza, the tasteless cheese, the sugar juice. when you travel you just go with the punches. but when you live some place, well, i hardly ever eat out here. i go to the supermarket and buy the tiny small half empty packages with no price on them that is standard argentine fare. the culinary box is very small here in this conservative country, and anything outside that box is strange to an argentine. they eat the same thing for breakfast without variation, until they die.

Jg Right on Man.
The food here is enough to drive me crazy. SANDWICHES BUENOS AIRES
HAM, HAM AND CHEESE, HAM CHEESE AND TOMATO.
Have they heard of other meats or vegetables. In any US City we have sandwich bars with over 50 varieties of sandwiches.
Juiices Porteno Style. ORANGE, ORANGE, ORANGE AND MAYBE GRAPEFRUIT.
In the world these days you can obtain over 20 juices in most shops with all different flavours.
Milkshakes NON EXISTENT.
Asian foods are considered strange here and are outrageously expensive in the main.
Buenos Aires food is BORING

Back