Negotiating Airbnb Prices?

ajl1239

Registered
I'm heading to BA mid-April to early-May. At this time of year, would you recommend trying to negotiate down the AirBnb prices? If so, how much lower is reasonable? Or might I just be better off looking for a private room in a hostel/home? Many thanks!

There is no formula. Actually an Argentine landlord might find it annoying for someone to negotiate from far away. Unless you have a good reason, like long term rental, ask for a discount.
If you plan to stay long term, it's better to come here first, then go look around, the photos are very deceiving, they do not show other factors, like bus and other noise.
The best way is to commit a very short term rent first, and look around after you arrive.

For less than a month, is it better to just stick with AirBnb than try to do something privately?

We have a couple of AirBNB places and we're always open to negotiate if your dates happen to fit an empty space, we're slow, etc. We will not go much lower than our posted rates, but if you're staying for a longer time period, there is some room to deal.

Noise is a big factor here! one of the noisiest cities in the world!
Very true, BsAs is always on the top ten, in this list from last year it was number 8 but I have seen it even higher.

However, the good thing with AirBnB is that they do have reviews, and in my experience owners have been quite honest, for instance "Yes, you can hear the noise from the street, but it dies down at night" or "If you are a very light sleeper, it may not work" etc. So read the reviews and ask - of course they can lie but they will try to maintain a good reputation.

Back to the negotiating: I have negotiated twice with AirBnB owners and like Sleuth says, depending on the circumstances there might be some room for negotiation. One tenant for a month is of course less work than many. So ask respectfully if they would be open to a discount for a longer stay. Good luck!

Yes, I've been to BA before. Honestly, I didn't find it any noisier than Washington, D.C. or New York City. Actually, probably less noisy because the day tends to start a bit later than in American cities.

It always depends where you live - it's a huge difference if you have an appartment in a side street in Palermo Hollywood or one directly on Santa Fe for example. Most of the noise in my opinion comes from traffic, in particular busses and the strong need of portenos to show everyone that they bought a car that has a horn ;)

Back