Neighborhood Question

Caribbean

Registered
We will be moving to BA for the firstime in 10 days from the US and considering living in either San Isidro or Martinez.? My husband has also looked at Noredelta and has heard that most consider that area very safe but is far away from work and school ( Lincoln International School) Would love to find home in Martinez, San Isidro or Lucilla. Can I get opinions on safety of these neighborhoods?

There are plenty of homes in Martinez, San Isidro and la Lucila. There are plenty of homes in Martinez, San Isidro and la Lucilia. Rents will be in descending order of cost as listed. Any of these three and you really do not need a car. However Nordelta will require two cars.And you may not like the driving? Safety.....well be very careful no matter where you are.

Hello
In my opinion, It is not good idea to move to a house out of Buenos Aires if the house doesn´t have at least private security near there.
There are wonderfull houses in everywhere but every night and weekend (when the houses are located in an open neighborhood) you must open your garage for your car and there you are completely alone or with your family. Most of dangerous situations happens in those minutes.
I suggest you to rent a house inside a country (closed neighborhood) or walk around your future house in an open one to check how safe or not it is:

Regards,

Plenty of robberies inside Gated communities...?? not safe anymore?

Always overrated for their "security," and boring on top of that. Better to be in a secure apartment in capital, but even that is not 100 percent (personally, however, I don't worry much about personal safety in BA).

Martinez, Acasusso, San Isidro, La Lucila, etc, are residential neigborhoods for rich ones and upper middle classes. You can find very important houses there and the most of them are watched and have private vigilance. However, there exists La Cava, in San Isidro, one of the biggers villa (shanty town) in the city. I know a lot of cases (robberies, even murders) made by this people in that neigborhoods.
Nordelta and country clubs in general are not safer any more, there are plenty of robberies, probably made by people who work there, so the whole idea is in crisis.
It is naive that you can create a neigbourhood isolated of everything, safe in a not safe city, you never loose contact with this 'other people' that you exclude or want to exclude of your life.

Main benefit for me of a gated community is that you have a reasonable chance of having a pool, an outdoor parilla and a bit more space, you trade that off with constant reliance on your car and intolerable traffic issues if commuting into work via one of the major motorways. There is probably a little bit more of an advantage in security but that depends on location and honesty of the security guard, same could be said of a city apartment and the honesty of the portero!

Yes, be sure you are very comfortable driving if you move out to Nordelta. I'm from the US, have been here since January, and am still a bit frightened to drive. You generally need to be much more assertive. It doesn't bother my husband though. We are a little north of San Isidro in Punta Chica, have lots of space and a great yard for a reasonable price, on a main road, and we feel safe.

I know an expat that lives in San Isidro and commutes every day to CF for work, with a cpl of kids. Both complain about the distance, lack of things to do etc.
Then, I have a local friend that lives out there having spent most his life in CF and enjoys the space, having a backyard etc.
I guess its a personal thing, for me unless I had a really good reason, such as network of friends/family that lived there I would never live out in the province due to the distance, lot more happening / to do in CF.

Back