Neighborhoods With Good Internet

Thanks for the info. I'm getting a backup DSL line in my current apartment, along with a replacement modem from the primary cable internet provider, Fibertel. I got the VoIP working as a softphone through a VPN for now, but the modem may fix it so I can use my hard phone. I'm considering investing in a hardware VPN client for the future.

I'm still interested in property management companies that cater to digital nomads. I'd like to move into a building east of Palermo at some point, but I want to be able to get the Internet connections set up and tested before I move in. Perhaps that's a post for another day.

I am having problem with my fibertel connection.

The custmer service has arranged me a technician 7 days hence!

Is there shortage of man power in the country?

I am having problem with my fibertel connection.

The custmer service has arranged me a technician 7 days hence!

Is there shortage of man power in the country?

They use subcontracted techs. that go and want to get out fast ,something minor , change a cable, a connector, you may need a new modem, that solved my problems... When you call the office sees your speed there, but need to measure the real speed at your end with a device...!

My fibertel stopped working.

Luckily I have a 2nd connection of Arnet. So I am not suffering that much.

But I find it ridiculous that they would send a man after 7 days

7 days.... lol

Took the phone company 4 weeks to come to our house to fix a line that came loose off the telephone pole on the street.
Took Fibertel 3 weeks to come and install their internet during that same time.
While talking to the telephone company customer service (actually, Arnet, in hopes they could send someone since I couldn't get hold of anyone at Telecom) I pleaded with them to arrange the service call since I had been 7 days without phone. The CSR responded that they only handle internet, not phone lines, and they didn't have any phone at their house for the past 10 days either. I laughed and ended the conversation.

So 7 days... not bad.

Like competition is heating up for airlines...

we need competition for cellphone and internet services for better service!

Back