Neilson Nails It...again.

We all know that inflation is a complex issue, but it's not rocket science for competent governments.
And you've done it again Matias by saying that even Videla had bigger inflation than now. You know what I mean.

You lost me there D2BA.
But this is for you:
http://grammar.about...sentencefaq.htm

Regardless of where his buts are inserted, it's an awful read from a lazy hack. Style is objective, so I won't change my mind on that. The lack of substance above elevator chat is glaring.

Simply put, I think it isn't hard to do a much better job in deconstructing the current govt than his articles.

Neilson:
He certainly has been around the block more than most Argentine journalists. Plus, got some kahonies too: The BUENOS AIRES HERALD, 6 JULY '76

http://www.rionegro.com.ar/diario/el-horror-tolerado-534934-10101-nota.aspx

Also, know the Herald leaves a lot to be desired sometimes, however, they certainly are a force to recon with sometimes for such a small publication:

http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2007460,00.html

We all know that inflation is a complex issue, but it's not rocket science for competent governments.
And you've done it again Matias by saying that even Videla had bigger inflation than now. You know what I mean.

I put Videlas example as some government that had EVERYTHING under control, much more than this one, with a very "mano dura" policy in general for everything.
It was the most controlling government we had, thats why I used that example.

Well spotted Pauper mate.
But I think not.

Would you mind explaining how, or it just isn't because you say so?

Is Neilson your uncle or something? I'm sure when he googles himself he finds your posts all very gratifying but really I don't even bother clicking anymore. If you want indulgent tales of woe based on unsubstantiated speculation, rumour and 'unnamed sources close to the president' then Nelson Castro and Morales Sola are at least humourous (I know they're not trying to be - but their contributions and those of several of their esteemed colleagues give a whole new meaning to the sunday funnies).

Guys, Its not that I like inflation. Its that I (have to) accept it. I ve studied this country a lot form different points of view. As I said before, history shows us that there wasnt one single government without big inflation. I could talk of the exception of the 90s and a model based on taking debt, and how it ended. But everybody knows.

Inflation is a soooooo complex problem. This is the government with lower inflation since 1930. It started with Peron in the 40s and that huge social inclusion, of the poor, of the marginal, into the internal market. It had to do it since the world context. After that, democratic and military governments had to deal with it, making little to no advances. Even Videla had a bigger inflaation than this one.

I would expect this inflation to grow. I expect hyperinflation in this year or the next one. The value chain has been monopolized and concentrated a lot in the 90s, plus lots of important sectors were sold to american and brazilians.

So, to sum up, inflation has more than 70 years. I dont believe in magical solutions. We have to deal with it. Accept it. It has always been like that. I know Chile Brazil and Uruguay not have this problem as we do. But they have different histories, different economies, different political and economic actors, with different power and capacities of pressure.

Im not trying to justify inflation, but putting thing in perspective. Theres no win-win situation, someone has to loose, and of course thaat would be the poor, the more vulnerable population. This government, with its ups and downs protected them, with subisidios, and huge social programmes, like no government did since Peron. For the first time since the dictatorship we take people out of the poverty and not otherwise. Those people consuming creates inflation. Its a demand inflation. If you activate the recessive cycle, then you will have a cost inflation, after a devaluacion, everything in dollars will cost much more than now. The best attempt to stop inflation and the stop and go cycle was Krieger Vasena in 1966, but Cordobazo ended that dictatorship.

There are lots of very important actors, like banks, that thier worst situation is with inflation (although they still win a lot).

You are correct hyperinflation may be near, one concludes from your speech Argentina is doomed to experience galloping inflation?

If one Cuts the subsidies cuts public spending deficit, limits social plans, that would kiss Kirchnerismo goodbye...!

You are correct hyperinflation may be near, one concludes from your speech Argentina is doomed to experience galloping inflation?

If one Cuts the subsidies cuts public spending deficit, limits social plans, that would kiss Kirchnerismo goodbye...!

Looking at the platforms of other non-K candidates (Binner, Massa, Alfonsín, Solanas) there are no proposals to get rid of any of that. Macri's economic team (old menemists like Sturzenegger and Cabrera ) would seem like the only ones who would want to get rid of the spending and head back to 25% unemployment. Fortunately their chances look slim. So alot of what gets labled Kirchnerismo round these parts is hardly unique to them and it would seem rather premature to expect it to disappear after La Reina is dethroned in 2015.

Neilson:
He certainly has been around the block more than most Argentine journalists. Plus, got some kahonies too: The BUENOS AIRES HERALD, 6 JULY '76

http://www.rionegro....10101-nota.aspx

Also, know the Herald leaves a lot to be desired sometimes, however, they certainly are a force to recon with sometimes for such a small publication:

http://content.time....2007460,00.html

I've never met Neilson, but I know Bob Cox pretty well, and his take on the current government's relationship with the press is worth reading: http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/148827/testing-time-for-journalists

Back