Never Give A "Gringo " an Alfajor !. Publication Went Viral.

Rich One

Registered
"Gringos are never to be given an alfajor": the anecdote of an Argentine working in the United States that went viral

A young man shared the reaction that co-workers had after trying the treat. Néstor Basilotta, owner of Alfajores Guaymallén , responded to the publication
“The gringos are never to be given an alfajor,” wrote the young man based in Los Angeles, who added: “I wasted a white Havanna in an hdp that left it lying on the desk because: 'Oh, it was too sweet'”, in reference to the response of the American who preferred not to continue eating the Alfajor on the grounds that it was too sweet.

The problem is NOT alfajors. The problem is the indiscriminate use of Dulce de Leche in Argentina.

"They eat poop dipped in syrup on peanut butter every day and an alfajor seems‘ very sweet ’," Acanfora completed. His anecdote generated multiple reactions among the users of the social network. Many of them sympathized and others shared similar experiences with the candy in the center of the scene.
"Gringos are never to be given an alfajor": the anecdote of an Argentine working in the United States that went viral

A young man shared the reaction that co-workers had after trying the treat. Néstor Basilotta, owner of Alfajores Guaymallén , responded to the publication
“The gringos are never to be given an alfajor,” wrote the young man based in Los Angeles, who added: “I wasted a white Havanna in an hdp that left it lying on the desk because: 'Oh, it was too sweet'”, in reference to the response of the American who preferred not to continue eating the Alfajor on the grounds that it was too sweet.

I didn't translate hdp for fear of offending some Foristas LOL

I bet dollars to donuts, the alfajors that solicited the "too sweet" response were of the DDL variety. If he had given alfajors without DDL he would NOT have gotten the "too sweet" reaction.

The article mentions Cachafaz and Havana Blanco Brands , as well as Guaymallen. Guess no one in the USA carries DDL?
Please expando for those that Don't know DDL Alfajores..? (Plural of alfajor)

The article mentions Cachafaz and Havana Blanco Brands , as well as Guaymallen. Guess no one in the USA carries DDL?
Please expando for those that Don't know DDL Alfajores..? (Plural of alfajor)

Dulce de leche is available in many cities in the US, as are alfajores. For the life of me, I can't imagine what the "poop dipped in syrup on peanut butter" can possibly be. Can someone enlighten me?

FWIW, I love alfajores - de maicena, dark chocolate, Havanna chocolate mousse - and I enjoy dulce de leche many different ways. That being said, alfajores covered with powdered sugar is overkill. Love sweets, but would never consider eating a tablespoonful of confectioner's sugar. I know many Argentinos who agree with me.

Anyone who accuses Americans of not having a sweet tooth needs to explain the popularity of Krispy Kreme - those things make my teeth hurt.

. For the life of me, I can't imagine what the "poop dipped in syrup (and) on peanut butter" can possibly be. Can someone enlighten me?
"
" I read this to mean pancakes Perhaps the only food one eats smothered in Syrup?"

Anyone who accuses "Americans" of not having a sweet tooth needs to explain the popularity of Krispy Kreme -.

Americans? come in all shapes , sizes, ages, and colors..! It's hard to generalize...!

Syllogism

Many Americans dislike dulce de Leche
Most Alfajores contain dulce the Leche
'Many Americans dislike Alfajores

I apologize for the young uneducated idjit that started this whole thing going.
He, and many others like him, are not citizens of the World, but people with little or no experience and everything but broad horizons.

Calling someone an SOB for the simple fact that the other person has not been raised around DDL is a little extreme.

Once, while trying to shop trinkets in Kathmandu with a group of Belgians I heard voices behind me. One yelled "Apuráte!". The other replied "No puedo, estos boludos se estan comprando todo!". My group spoke french and flemish. The two guys were embarrased when I turned around and told them "Estos boludos llegaron primero."

Another similar situation hapened when I was with a group of americans touring the Hermitage Museum.
A family of Uruguayans that resided 6 months in the US and the rest in Uruguay (but never bothered to learn english) had arrived to the conclusion that Russians must be very unhappy people. They do not eat Asado.

Some people are born without a clue and never bother to find one.

The subject is not worth a lot of time.

Iz

Very well said..! interesting anecdotes that took place in Kathmandu and L'Hermitage Museum, in St, Pete's

BTW, IMHO: in Porteño slang HDP is just a common harmless everyday "friendly"· expression.. "Like in " Que HDP se comió toda la Pizza..!!" Doesn't call for a duel..! LOL

I must confess though that many US visiting longtime friends abhor DDL...!

Last edited:
Back