Never Give A "Gringo " an Alfajor !. Publication Went Viral.

Personally, i would have used "boludo" as in a more harmless way to say "unworthy peasant or ignorant" but thay's just me.

I'd like to preserve HDP's value as an insult. See what happened already with boludo. It's become a voiced comma.

Iz

I apologize for the young uneducated idjit that started this whole thing going.
He, and many others like him, are not citizens of the World, but people with little or no experience and everything but broad horizons.

Calling someone an SOB for the simple fact that the other person has not been raised around DDL is a little extreme.

Once, while trying to shop trinkets in Kathmandu with a group of Belgians I heard voices behind me. One yelled "Apuráte!". The other replied "No puedo, estos boludos se estan comprando todo!". My group spoke french and flemish. The two guys were embarrased when I turned around and told them "Estos boludos llegaron primero."

Another similar situation hapened when I was with a group of americans touring the Hermitage Museum.
A family of Uruguayans that resided 6 months in the US and the rest in Uruguay (but never bothered to learn english) had arrived to the conclusion that Russians must be very unhappy people. They do not eat Asado.

Some people are born without a clue and never bother to find one.

The subject is not worth a lot of time.

Iz
As you have commented a few times on Rich One’s youth and therefore associated “ignorance” thought I would point out that he is not young in body, though maybe in heart. ;-) He is far older than I am and I nearly qualify for Medicare.

As you have commented a few times on Rich One’s youth and therefore associated “ignorance” thought I would point out that he is not young in body, though maybe in heart. ;-) He is far older than I am and I nearly qualify for Medicare.

This is a comedy of Errors...
LOL Will defend Iz , in spite he doesn't need it, he can do it himself..!
Iz as I interpret it called young and uneducated the person in LA that published the original article about Gringos and Alfajores..?

If he calls me young it's OK with me...!

A. You are correct. I mean the original idjit, not RO.

B. You and me, we are both young at heart. Aren´t we? ;)

Iz

A. You are correct. I mean the original idjit, not RO.

B. You and me, we are both young at heart. Aren´t we? ;)

Iz

If you say So!

I feel much renovated now that 2 leading Potential Presidential Candidates are 77 and 78 yo.
They will handle one of the most demanding jobs in the world?

I agree that dulce de leche is far too sweet for many palates, and that alfajores are borderline inedible to me personally for that very reason. Even by Argentina's cuisine standards, they're not great.

Seems strange to me that anyone would care about my opinion though, or generalize about Americans based on it. Americans' taste is generally only somewhat better than that of Argentines.

Alfajores in Peru are much better than in Argentina. They don't douse the outside in a gooey sugary coating as a matter of course. The masa is less sweet as well. Yes, this is my strong personal opinion. And I welcome passionate disagreement.

Generally, I think that Argentina needs a good revolution like we had in California.

Cut the sweets way back from daily life, eat a lot more variety, vastly improve the Italian food (which is basically 1960s era red sauce), quintuple the volume and number of vegetables on restaurant and home tables, 86 coca cola altogether. Drink more water, bake better bread, cook meat properly (not overdone, not saltless), eat chiles for god's sake.

Nationally, the country has the palate of a 15 year old boy. We need to fix that!

Generally, I think that Argentina needs a good revolution like we had in California.

Cut the sweets way back from daily life, eat a lot more variety, vastly improve the Italian food (which is basically 1960s era red sauce), quintuple the volume and number of vegetables on restaurant and home tables, 86 coca cola altogether. Drink more water, bake better bread, cook meat properly (not overdone, not saltless), eat chiles for god's sake.

Nationally, the country has the palate of a 15 year old boy. We need to fix that!

Your pointed comments on the Gastronomy mostly refer to the "international" CABA, I would say. What about the Provinces? Care to comment?

Havanna alfajores are over processed nastiness. Worse than a damn Oreo cookie. Lol at this trash food being the pride and joy of this country.

Back