Never thought I'd miss IKEA, but...

mkub3905

Registered
Although this is my fist digital-nomad adventure, and it won't be long (1 mes), I don't mind investing in my stay (not at all).

I just notice that my apartment really does not have a 'work' surface (only a small square dining table). But there is plenty of room, and I don't mind buying an affordable surface (don't mind leaving it behind either). Nothing significant.... just something like an 'IKEA'. Turns out there is no IKEA in BA ...no matter, there must be an even bettor opportunity (?)

A 49in x 29in table +/- (like this: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/melltorp-table-white-s19011777/ ) would be more than enough.
--> any suggestions for where to shop? (and yes, cash payments are OK ...of course).

melltorp-table-white__0737266_pe740964_s5.jpg

I live near "furniture row" in Balvanera -- from Av. Jujuy to Av. Entre Rios on both sides of Av. Belgrano. There are furniture stores selling tables like the one you show in your post.

I miss IKEA's couches because I'm going to have to likely get one hoisted in to my apt where as with my pre-Argentina apt I assembled the couch from IKEA in my living room after brining it up the elevator in pieces.

That being said, I'm very happy with most of the furniture I have here.

I have some IKEA-like furniture from here (laminated particleboard) and it's meh, not sure if it will survive a move, while the pine furniture I have is very good quality and very affordable. I've stained it by hand (didn't sand, kept the rustic look) and I'm happy with it, and my favorite furniture purchase here is my L shaped executive desk which I had custom made taller since I'm a big guy and I couldn't be happier. It was less than $200, included delivery, assembly, making it taller, and my choice of colors. Very happy with it.

Back