New arrival in San Telmo

nathanbradley

Registered
Hi everyone! I've been lurking in this forum for years now with dreams of visiting Argentina, and I've finally taken the plunge and arrived in Buenos Aires on vacation. I'm soon to be joined by a friend, and we're planning on spending the next two weeks here in the city. I'm staying in an apartment in San Telmo adjacent to Parque Lezama. My friend and I are both mid-20s Americans and Spanish speakers, although he is far more accomplished therein than I am.

I'm interested in any suggestions that you all may have regarding interesting places to eat and drink in the city, as well as cultural attractions, bookstores, etc. I know a significant number of you have made BA your home for long periods, and I'd love to hear of places you enjoy spending your time. Hope you're enjoying the weather -- I came from Central America, and it's a about 1000 times more comfortable here.

hey we are meeting in bar Treffen,Piedras 178,San Telmo, tomorrow night from 9pm onwards,come and join us,regards Howard

Check out Don Ernesto for dinner. It's got the same menu as 1000 other restaurants in BA, but the atmosphere is fun. Also, a hole in the wall kind of place to eat that I enjoy is El Vulcano a few blocks over from you on Bolivar.

Next door but one to Cholita is Cumana. Another great restaurant which is good value too. You can go sample "mate" there of a lunch time too!

Enjoy

Back