New At Rio Soup Kitchen: Argentines

And now I'm reminded of why I never get into these discussions. God forbid someone log in at baexpats and decide to comment on the original post and nothing else--clearly this indicates a lack of perspective!! It certainly couldn't indicate a lack of desire to discuss the greater organizational corruption of FIFA and the Brazilian government, a subject which has been discussed to death already, could it? :rolleyes:

So corruption is dead in soccer and Brazil? The discussion has achieved its goal, then, and we can close the case.

To make a pun based on the thread title: if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen :D

And now I'm reminded of why I never get into these discussions. God forbid someone log in at baexpats and decide to comment on the original post and nothing else--clearly this indicates a lack of perspective!! It certainly couldn't indicate a lack of desire to discuss the greater organizational corruption of FIFA and the Brazilian government, a subject which has been discussed to death already, could it? :rolleyes:

relax.

The Brazilian government waste more than 10bn USD on football stadiums (some in areas with no football teams) and very little else where infrastructure, health, security or education would all have been better targets and we are wimpering on about a few hundred tourists eating a cheap meal?
cavehill, please explain how the waste of 11 billion dollars on stadions compensate the poor in Rio for their lost meals, which were eaten by tourists.

Back