New Currency Notes Coming - Atm Question ?

Rather than start a new topic:

Is the same non-customer bank service available to exchange Hamiltons & Jacksons - for - Grants and / or Franklins (given the difficulty in exchanging the smaller denoms) ?​

It's either that or something else... which I'm hesitating to post here, for the moment...

THX,

Paul

Think how much time you will save ...

When you pay a 2500 bill in the supermarket , the girl will only have to check 5 bills and not 25 !

Also when they take cash from the tills this will also be much quicker .

Last week the guy in front of me in the banck paid in 200,000 in notes - that transaction will be much quicker now.

Change from 500 ? I am not too bothered most things cost in excess of 300 so chaneg will be easy

Eternal optimist ......

Paul - You are very welcome. I hold dual citizenship...ARG/USA. Therefore I have a DNI (National ID card) which allows me to have a local bank account.
I will be taking a number issued at an electronic dispenser at the bank entrance of my branch. I will sit and wait to be called as will you to obtain change. The difference is that my bank gives priority to their own customers. For every 3 of us served they will call 1 of you. My waiting time is shorter. Unless I go between noon and 2.00pm when local merchants line up to deposit their take from the previous day.

Glasgowjohn - I will need to convert the $500/1000 bills into smaller denominations to use when I shop at the fruit and vegetable stores (which I do 3-4x per week spending an average of $75 pesos at each stop), kioskos, my favorite neighborhood rotisserie as well as the bakery and butcher shop where I have shopped for the past 11 years. This is to name a few of the vendors which I patronize and will continue to do so. When shopping at the big supermarkets I can continue utilizing my local debit card.

Throughout the city there are many other types of shops which only accept cash. It's the gov't plan to offer "incentives" to small merchants to install the electronic terminals so shoppers (local and transient) can use their cc/debit cards. At best this process may take 6+ months to implement throughout CABA. I live in Caballito, a neighborhood that per square meter has more small commercial establishments that any other in the capital.

You live in Villa del Parque which is another neighborhood with high density of small shops. You are an eternal optimist. I am a cautious pragmatist.

Paul....
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Is the same non-customer bank service available to exchange [/background]
Hamiltons & Jacksons - for - Grants and / or Franklins
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)](given the difficulty in exchanging the smaller denoms) ?[/background]

Who knows. We have not seen dollars of any denomination over the counters of banks since 2009! Perhaps today you can obtain that service at foreign exchange agencies which started operating again in January.....for a fee.

Soon you will need a $200 bill in order to pay for 3 empanadas, so don't worry about the change.

Back