New D&D Group

YankeeInBA

Registered
Hi all,
I'm starting a D&D group (preferably in English) to meet in about a month. If anyone is interested, I've set up a website at http://dnd.meetup.com/1024/ to discuss it. And if you have questions, as I'm sure some of you will, please feel free to contact me via the Contact Me link on that page.
Thanks for your interest.
Matt

Not sure if you'll thank me again for my interest but I find your interest in that game rather surprising. There you are in that beautiful country and you want to play D&D.I saw this text on your page "Also, if anyone has suggestions for a good, safe first meeting location, I'm all ears!", if you're looking for a safe place to meet people then I'll go ahead and suggest Villa Lugano, it's a beautiful part of town where you'll feel right at home.Best of luck

YankeeInBA,Just out of interest, did you get a comment that said "There you are in that beautiful country and you want to play D&D." when you started your London group?

Welcome to Buenos Aires. ;)

"exnat" said:
YankeeInBA,
Just out of interest, did you get a comment that said "There you are in that beautiful country and you want to play D&D." when you started your London group?

Welcome to Buenos Aires. ;)
LOL. Thanks. Yes, I'm a D&D junkie. But don't get me wrong...next weekend, I'm going to Colonia (sp?) in Uraguay for 3 days with my wife. This is just gonna be a once a week game, if we can get enough players/DMs. I'm the first to admire Bs As's beauty, but I'm also here for a year.
Also, thanks for the suggestion about Villa Lugano.
And finally, no, no one told me that when I started the London D&D group (now numbering around 106 members, with 20+ who meet weekly). For some, it's the only reason that being in London is bearable for them! LOL. But I like Bs As...except that I'm not fluent in Spanish, so I'm hoping for a nice weekly game to relax at, enjoy the game, and maybe make some new friends.
Matt =)

yknow, elpanada has a bit of a point. it's a lot of trouble to go about recreating a london scene in a new country. I really think that in a city this big someone is going to have to be playing rpgs. find those guys and you can learn all about the local D&D scene. There's a comic book store by tribunales subway station. You should go ask there. don't be scared of your lack of spanish. the only way you'll learn is by getting in way over your head.if you can find and play with local gamers then you will make your experience here unforgettable as well as improve the heck out of your spanish while having fun.

I just stumbled on this entry. What a treat!I haven't played D&D in many, many years. It would be tough for me to do an on-going campaign but I would be up for a one-day (full day) campaign. Complete with junk food.Brad

please put me out of my dumb blonde misery,
what on earth is D&D and rpg's
thankyou

thank you Igor
ohhhh isnt that a dark cult game? mystical etc?
can I go and watch or does one have to go through some kind of initiation? LOL

uhmm....this probably explains it best... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_a9czLQjRE

Back