New Exchange Rate On Wednesday

It's how it's going to affect everyday prices in the shops that's worrying me.
I may have to work harder.

The xoom rate is 14.3 right now. I just checked. So the xoom rate is better than the blue.
That's a new one for a change. It used to be the other way around.

It is obvious blue won't disappear, and it's good for those who spend it. If official tomorrow is 20, milk will soon cost 18, everything will go up. It will be much harder for everyone, at least for a while. Thinking that high official price will give you more shopping power is naive.

It is obvious blue won't disappear, and it's good for those who spend it. If official tomorrow is 20, milk will soon cost 18, everything will go up. It will be much harder for everyone, at least for a while. Thinking that high official price will give you more shopping power is naive.

The blue always existed because you cannot buy usd at banks with black money.

The blue always existed because you cannot buy usd at banks with black money.

Yes, but it's huge difference between 70 and 5%. Huge part of blue market will fall apart, to the level many seasoned expats mentioned it was before.

I was referring to the claim, that official price should be higher, that life wouldn't be so expensive for expats. Which wouldn't happen of course.

I do not think the sound of...

Cambiooo.. Cambiooo....

Is going to stop echoing on Florida for perhaps some time if not a very long time or at all. And for once I agree with Bajo your not going to see all this capital in black looking to be on records all of a sudden in bank exchanges or transactions. Hopefully one day we shall see.

One thing about Uruguay I have enjoyed is the white and easy access to USD in every bank and ATM.

Yes, but it's huge difference between 70 and 5%. Huge part of blue market will fall apart, to the level many seasoned expats mentioned it was before.

I was referring to the claim, that official price should be higher, that life wouldn't be so expensive for expats. Which wouldn't happen of course.
You are missing the point here I think. Cuevas do not profit from the gap between official and blue, they profit from a very small margin buy/sell blue rate. This small margin will always be there for them, and in an economy where there is a lot of money being paid under the table and undeclared, they will have a steady stream of clients for sure.

IF IF the new value of the Official dollar will be $14,50 then can expect the Blue at between $15,22 and $15,95 pesos at the Cuevas 5/10 % plus.... Not too bad!

no More Dollar ahorro, Tarjeta, etc

The Queen is dead long live the Queen..!ç

EDIT dollar will be $15

Almost No Arbolitos TODAY

BUY CANDLES

CD's in pesos tomorrow jump to 38 % p.a. well if the dollar is steady opens a new game of La Bicicleta financiera....!
Deposit in pesos at the end of the month buy 3 % More Dollars..... !

BUY CANDLES

Back