new family in town

sagelevi

Registered
Hello, my name is Ali. I have just moved here with my family less than a week ago. My husband Peter, Likes to make documentaries.My oldest daughter, Lily is 13 and dying to find people her age. Reed is 12 and loves soccer. Posy is 10 and loves everything. I love Argentina, everything about it. We live in Palermo chico. we had the nerve to move here without knowledge of the language so spanish lessons are the most important thing for us now. Any suggestions of schools nearby?

Hi Ali and family,
Welcome to Argentina. I'd love to help you with your Spanish. Here is my email address if you are interested: [email protected]

Cheers

Laly

Our daughter has taken lessons with two teachers, both of whom are great. Tatiana Kaler ([email protected]) and Andrea Vespa ([email protected]). We know several other families that have hired Tatiana as well, and they have all been very happy with her (she ended up tutoring one entire family!).

By the way, Tatiana does a great introductory tour to BA, mixing language, logistical basics (getting around, shopping in grocery stores, etc), with sites and history. The website for that is http://www.espanol4d.com/.

Feel free to PM if you want any more detail.

If I can be of service, my name is Carlos and I am an experienced Spanish/English teacher with more than 20 yrs experience
I am both Argentinean and American citizen
You can get in touch with me at
[email protected]
And welcome to Buenos Aires

Ali, we are new as well. Three kids, a boy 13 and girls 10 and 8. All soccer crazy, into sports and anything fun. Living in Palermo Soho. Our kids and my wife are learning Castellano from zero. We chose BA after spending time here several winters ago while on a skiing trip that included Bariloche and the parts of Chile. We are looking into schools right now and trying to get organized to buy a car in Chile. PM if you'd like to visit more. Cheers and good luck!

Back