Family moved from NYC to a small town in Argentina

Nice article thank you for posting ! I know many expats who have moved to small towns in Argentina and are very happy . Steve from Punta Arias is one of the most happiest expats I know here who lived in Capital Federal for many years . Life in the country in Argentina can be heavenly but one must pick carefully the town as there are large differences within provinces . Here in Patagonia there are many beautiful towns and these are my picks .

San Martin de los Andes Neuquen , Villa Traful Neuquen , Dina Huapi Rio Negro , El Bolson Rio Negro , Lago Puelo Chubut , Epuyen Chubut , Trevellin Chubut , El Chaiten Santa Cruz , Puerto Deseado Santa Cruz . There are of course many more but all these towns are very safe and beautiful and offer the perfect balance of life !

As long as you don't get sick. Medical care can be dismal in the interior.

Many of those listed are one-horse towns: Epuyen, Trevellin, El Chalten, El Bolson, Villa Traful, Lago Puelo....... have been to them all. Beautiful places, but very limited.

Many of those listed are one-horse towns: Epuyen, Trevellin, El Chalten, El Bolson, Villa Traful, Lago Puelo....... have been to them all. Beautiful places, but very limited.

One Horse Towns Song Lyrics

This little bitty town it ain't nothing new
We all stick around 'cause they all tell us too
Swallow your pride just to make your family proud
If I didn't think that it would shut the whole place down
I'd ride my pony right out of this one horse town......

Many people are now looking for tranquility , fresh air, and a low crime rate . For them these small towns are exactly what they are looking for and for this reason San Martin de Los Andes . Lago Puelo in particular are booming like never before !

Last edited:
Back