New gay upscale lounge

Hi, has the bar/lounge already closed down? The website and Facebook page are disabled. Thanks!

I've decided to step down from being part of the BEYOND Lounge Bar founding team. Unfortunately corruption reached it's doorstep after dedicating 5 months of all I had to offer. It was one of the projects that brought the most passion out of me in many years, it's a pity it had to end with me feeling like a dumb ass. Thank you for everyone that came to the bar and wished me/us the best.

May I ask what happened? I had a business in Buenos Aires and the corrupt inspectors from the Agencia Gubernamental de Control, would come looking for bribe money and I didn't pay them and my business was closed down for 20 days. Since there was no reason to close my business, I had no infractions whatsoever, I filed a lawsuit against them, and it's currently in process, I have already had 2 hearings.
This is a blog I created exposing them:
http://bienescrachados.blogspot.com.ar/2011/12/mauricio-macri-y-la-corrupcion-en-la.html

Davidglen77 said:
May I ask what happened? I had a business in Buenos Aires and the corrupt inspectors from the Agencia Gubernamental de Control, would come looking for bribe money and I didn't pay them and my business was closed down for 20 days. Since there was no reason to close my business, I had no infractions whatsoever, I filed a lawsuit against them, and it's currently in process, I have already had 2 hearings.
This is a blog I created exposing them:
http://bienescrachados.blogspot.com.ar/2011/12/mauricio-macri-y-la-corrupcion-en-la.html

Next time please include a warning that you're linking to a bunch of pictures of actual shit. Ugh:(

i had internal problems. didn't trust my partners anymore and so we had to close it down. the worst thing about argentina is that the argentines screw each other over. it's a shame. i at least take the experience with me and the pride of having opened up something that worked and exactly how i pictured it.

we did have the police come once a week though, and we had to give them 200 pesos every saturday. i was starting to ask around what i could do to not have to do that anymore, but seeing how the bar was closed, i stopped asking.

eocmsu1982 said:
i had internal problems. didn't trust my partners anymore and so we had to close it down. the worst thing about argentina is that the argentines screw each other over. it's a shame. i at least take the experience with me and the pride of having opened up something that worked and exactly how i pictured it.

we did have the police come once a week though, and we had to give them 200 pesos every saturday. i was starting to ask around what i could do to not have to do that anymore, but seeing how the bar was closed, i stopped asking.

I had some of those "internal" problems as well, my ex business partner tried to forge my signature on bank documents and to "add" a family member of his to our business without my authorization. When I found out I wrote him off and ran things myself. I actually did well economically but the corruption in this city was too much for me to deal with. The police actually were very nice to me and never once asked me for any money. I guess I was just lucky in that sense. Sorry to hear your bar closed, but it's true that we learn from every experience, and just like me you will move on to something else and be successful at that. Best of luck!

Back