New Here And Looking For Work

I would appreciate if my child is not refered to as an anchor child, that's the main reason I did not want to have my baby in US.

Cero is a good attorney. My husband works hard for us, and can afford to pay good bucks too, but this is something I want to do for myself on my own, I don't see why anyone should worry about my private life.

I only came here for advise, and suggestions since I don't know this place as well as most of you do.
You came here asking about advise for your private life. Now working on a farm for squat salary with no future is not private life. Good luck.

I don't know this lady but she sure showed more grit than most of us around here.
She wants to work! that's all, if you people can't help then don't miss the opportunity to shut the hell up.
I don't care if her story don't 'add up'' we all have the right to keep some things private like
Best of luck to her I wish I could help

Damn, If she wants to brush and shoe horses then she should brush and shoe horses.

I have a friend here who has a handful of academies where he trains smiths to shoe horses using a special system he created. It's kind of like a Fomula 1 "Pit School" for polo teams. Very specialized. He isn't the guy who would hire you but he knows the people who might. I'll ping him. If I get a positive response then we'll get you guys together for coffee.

By the way, your English is pretty good for not being native.

Again, my intent is not to bully. If her intent is to learn what it's like to have horses, and she has money, there are far better ways to go about learning. CEPADMA would be a key start, she'll learn quite a bit (and practice spanish). From there, the OP can make contacts and get some hands-on experience. The ideal of "working with horses" is far, far removed from the reality of being a groom, esp one with no experience. That's all I'm trying to convey.

Thanks guys for all the support here and in private messages too, I really do appreciate the encouragement!

I also hope to get some experience before I go about looking for a place of my own. Its easier to get conned when you have little to no knowledge of things.

Citygirl whatever you say I don't take that as bullying it was a different bullying I was referring to. You are pointing out the pros and cons of things and I find it insightful.

Point is that I don't want to spend money to learn, I want to make some while learning. Im old school when there were fewer schools and more learning.

Hi homenba, good luck with your search. I spent two seasons at a polo estancia, but in the guest relations part of it; like someone pointed out, that is usually an easier area for foreigners to get in. I contacted 15 estancias before I came to Argentina and got offers from three, but they were all in guest relations. There are some female grooms in Argentina, but few, and as far as foreign grooms go, I only met one girl (from England) and she was working for an English polo player and came here with him.

In most polo clubs, there are only some of the grooms that are hired by the actual club, the majority are hired directly by each player/member of the club, so each player or member is responsible for hiring the person, training them the way they want to, paying them, etc. And most grooms tend to be young and without a family, they often live on-site in groom housing, so unfortunately having a family would not be a positive really.

If you still want to try, you should try to find people that are members of polo clubs and just start asking around. Or, if you know of a place, maybe you could start going as a guest and just ask to shadow some of the grooms? It wouldn't be paid but if they let you you could learn a lot.

Best of luck!

Back