New official exchange rate: 800 pesos per dollar

I dont know everything.
But I have actually bought a building for my business with a business loan in the USA.
Have you?

The loans available were for much less than the full value, were 5 years or less in term, and required proof of collateral larger than the loan.
What was your experience borrowing money for a business to buy real estate in the USA?
Glad to hear you don't know everything. One would never have guessed. Are you aware of how arrogant you sound?

My intitial statement was that since Argentine businesses often own their buildings, and cannot lose them even if they dont pay taxes, they have less incentive to lower prices, as opposed to sitting on inventory until sales return.
I then said "In the USA, business loans are generally quite high interest rates, and to buy a building, usually 5 years or less. Most businesses there are no more likely to get loans than here, until they are already grossing millions a year."
This was based on my experience running a business in the USA for close to 40 years, and having bought 2 commercial buildings.
In both cases I was unable to find a loan longer than 5 years, found higher interest rates than for residential property, and had to jump thru a LOT of hoops in terms of proving finances, before I could get a loan for a portion, not the entire, cost of the building.
I said nothing about the size of anyone's loan.
I have yet to see any of the boulevardiers here actually suggest they have ever taken out a business loan in the USA, or bought a commercial building there using a loan, so I continue to think maybe there is a lot of hat, but not a lot of cattle in these comments.
Again, if anyone has had these experiences, do tell.

Back